PDA

View Full Version : text field product option

esferguson
01-25-2005, 11:20 AM
I've used osCommerce for years - this is my first ocMax installation.
I know many, many people have used the product attribute text option for personalization. What am I doing wrong?? I can't get the option information passed to the order from the shopping cart.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

michael_s
01-25-2005, 04:25 PM
See this post:

http://oscdox.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4094&high light=text+input+field

esferguson
01-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have already seen that post, and am using oscMax v1.7. The attributes make it into the basket fine - but they are not carried through to the order table.

I have it working on standard osCommerce with the contribution...

bdneuman
01-25-2005, 06:27 PM
This is major - we're just getting our store opened up and realized the text fields are not being recorded. The post referenced does not address this issue. All text entered disappears from the cart during checkout and does not get passed to the database - what is going on?

bdneuman
01-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Okay, here's the deal.

#1 There was a misspelling in my catalog/includes/configure.php. the line looked like this (at the bottom of the file in mine):

define('PPRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID', 0); //Must match id for user defined "TEXT" value in db table TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES

See the double P's in PPRODUCTS? Deleting the duplication allows the text value the customer entered to be passed to checkout/admin/email confirmation and so on. However, the text field definition is still omitted. For example, my form says "Enter custom size:". If they enter "8 inches", the checkout/email/admin order will show ":8 inches".

#2 I believe the problem lies with the attribute manager. In order for the check box to be available in attribute manager, I entered some default text when setting up attributes. So for "Enter custom size:", I entered "Custom Size" in the admin under Option Values - I believe this to be the wrong procedure. The note next to the line I fixed above says the OPTIONS_VALUES must match the id for user defined TEXT. When you enter a default value for each of these attributes like I did, they end up with different id's.

So, the fix is to reset all of my text fields to point to the same Option Value, "TEXT" which will all have the same id (in my case, 0). I think I'll do this via PHPadmin - but I've got a lot of products to change!

In the future, you cannot use the attribute manager to assign text fields to products - they have to be assigned from the bottom of the Product Attributes in admin - this is the old way, prior to attribute manager.

Does the guru agree with this?

michael_s
01-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Not major. A glitch was introduced in one of the updates. The fix is attached here and is just a couple of lines of code.

The file checkout_process.php is the only one that needs to be modified. You can either overwrite your existing file or compare the attached file to your existing one and merge the changes manually. I recommend doing it manually, as there are several different versions floating around out there.

This has also been updated in the main osCMax 1.7 download as of this post.

michael_s
01-25-2005, 08:23 PM
bdneuman,

It looks like you have a couple of things going on in addition to the bugfix I posted.

Before you change anything, incorporate the bugfix and see if that fixes your issue. It worked for my test store without changing anything else.

bdneuman
01-25-2005, 09:03 PM
The zipfile is corrupt...

I'm just sitting here going through my attributes and products_options_values_to_products_options tables setting all my text fields option_values to "0". I'll hold up until I can check out your fix...be great if it works!

Thanks.

michael_s
01-25-2005, 09:06 PM
The zip is not corrupt. I just downloaded it and opened it and it works fine.

bdneuman
01-25-2005, 09:09 PM
I tried winzip and winrar and i keep getting this:

! Unexpected end of archive

michael_s
01-25-2005, 09:16 PM
What browser are you using? Most likely your are downloading it as an ascii file instead of a binary. If using IE, you have to uncheck the Use http 1.1 setting under Tools :arrow: Internet Options :arrow: Advanced :arrow: HTTP 1.1

bdneuman
01-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the quick replies - I'll let you know what happens...

bdneuman
01-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Just tested the updated checkout_process.php and I still don't get the text field description to display (this is the product_options_name field). I may be stuck - I should have read the readme in the Attributes Manager contrib, but since I downloaded OSMAX with it already installed, I missed this...

esferguson
01-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks, Michael!
I copied the new checkout_proccess.php file and my text attributes work as advertised :D
(Although I never was able to download your checkout_process.zip file - even after following the IE browser instruction...)
Thanks again!

michael_s
01-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Glad it is fixed. Also, to get the forum download zip file, you also need to then close all open browser windows and start a new browser instance after making the configuration change. Then it will work.

That http 1.1 checkbox is a major pain in the rear...

Impreza25r
02-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Glad it is fixed. Also, to get the forum download zip file, you also need to then close all open browser windows and start a new browser instance after making the configuration change. Then it will work.

MSASEK,
I updated my checkout_process.php file with the one from the download above and the contribution works great...............EXCEPT on paypal orders, I still get TEXT written for any text option fields on any paypal orders. But if the customer were to choose check/money order I get the order perfectly fine. Do you have any suggestions??

Studio143
02-27-2005, 08:21 AM

Hey Michael....

It appears I also need this fix...however no matter what I do, cannot download/open the file. If it is only a couple lines of code change...can you post it here?

thanks Mate..

Impreza25r
02-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Micheal,
can you advise me if the paypal problem is a known bug or if im simply missing something. I used beyojnd compare to compare all of the files associated with the Option_Type contrib, and also compared all of my paypal payment module files to the ones in the osCMax v1.7 download and nothing is out of place. but it still wont with paypal.

michael_s
02-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Impreza25r - Not sure if it a bug. I have not had a chance to test it. I am assuming there is a need to incorporate the Option Type Feature code into the actual paypal mod. If you don't feel like waiting for me, you can go through the option type feature installation instructions and see if some of the code needs to be added to the paypal ipn mod.

Impreza25r
02-27-2005, 11:11 AM
already checked everything that I know how to, I will look in the check/money order module to see if I can spot the function that writes this info and see if its simply copyable into the paypal module.

PHP is a foreign language to me so I doubt I will have luck.

Impreza25r
02-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Yeah like I thought, I can't figure out how the info is passed from the inital order to the payment processor. but im sure that link is missing for the paypal module. I will continue to look in the meantime if anyone can guide me in the right direction or has time to take a look themselves id greatly appreciate it.

Impreza25r
02-28-2005, 01:00 PM
through testing I have figured out that it is only a problem with the Text input. The radio buttons and check box all forward the correct info to paypal so the contribution is working. Its just not sending the text info for some reason.

Impreza25r
03-02-2005, 08:42 AM
is no one else having this problem?? I hate to keep posting but im questioning if its a problem with osCMax or if its something I did. anyones input would help me sort out the matter or atleast give me an idea of whats going on. Kind of pointless to keep comparing code if its simply a bug in the release.

Impreza25r
03-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I have narrowed it down to a Paypal IPN Problem, Is there a setup guide anywhere for the paypal module that comes with osCMax?

fridgemags
03-04-2005, 11:49 AM
msasek,

Sorry to bother you. I am getting th eunexpected end of archive error also.

I am using firefox 1.0 and searched in options to try to find something to do with http 1.1 but cannot find anything.

Could you maybe post the changed code and We could change the fille ourselves.

Thanx

Impreza25r
03-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I checked into the transaction through out the processes, could this problem be related to paypals shopping cart? I know paypals shopping cart only allows for 2 options. I'm trying to use 4 Driver Name, Driver Flag, Co-Driver Name, Co-Driver Flag. It is recording only the first 2 on the paypal side of things. But when the order is completed, the only ones that come through are the pull down menu options, the text options all say TEXT.

I've read just about everything on the paypal IPN setup, everything is set correctly. Ive compared all my code and nothing is out of place. I have no idea where else to look

Impreza25r
03-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Micheal,
Just in case you were checking in on this. I think I found the problem but I don't know how to alter/fix it. The Paypal_IPN_V1.7 is setup to only allow 2 product options. (which is probably because this is all that paypal offers) The way I have seen other simpler systems get around this is to collect all the option info and compile it together as 1 single option. granted im not selling clothing but if I were the current system is setup to work like this.

Option 1: Size: Large
Option 2: Color: Red

it would need to be coded so that all the info is collected, compiled and then forwarded to paypal like this

Option 1: Size: Large, Color: Red, Hood: Yes,
Option 2: blank

jmilton
06-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Hello, Is there a way to use this contribution with oscMAX 2. I noticed in the downloads section that the option type feature is included with oscMAX 1.7, but it does not seem to be included with the new version. I really need a text option for my product info page. Any help would be great.

jpf
06-03-2006, 11:26 AM
If you search for "Option Type Feature" there is a few post here. However there is a MAJOR conflict with QTPro included with OSCMAX 2.0 thus OTF was droped.

3 Option.....

- Remove QTPRO - install OTF

- Install OTF on Top of QTPro (there is only one or two area where there is code problems) - don't use/reily on QTPro features.

- Wait for an update on OTF that includes QTPro features which is being worked on.

Good Luck

jmilton
06-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Thank you for your reply. I really don't need or use QT Pro, so if this is the only problem with the Option Type Feature install, I'm ready to go. I am wondering which version of Option type feature to install. If I install the version from the osCommerce contrib page, it replaces alot of modified files. Any suggestions?

jpf
06-10-2006, 08:58 AM
It is farely easy to do option 2 and removed the QTPro conflict in product_info.php (where the only code that REALLY causes problems).

I have been working on th lastest version of OPTION TYPE -but not with the file upload option (yet).

You HAVE to manually install it line by line. Compare to STOCK MS2 - to find the diff. then diff to MAX using Beyond Compare or such.