PDA

View Full Version : BTS is causing confusion when installing mods...

JasonM
01-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Hello...

I have been working with OsCommerce for nearly 2 years now and am very familiar with the process for installing mods. However, I just switched to oScMax in hopes of developing MY perfect cart. But I am having issues installing my first mod.

The mod is, enable_disable_categories_1.6. I did the admin changes easy enough, but then it asks you to modify the code in 'default.php', which isn't there, so I use 'index.php', but that page is broken up into the BTS/ tpl files.

I found the spot for the first mod in the 'index_nested.tpl.php' page, and made the changes. But there seems to be alot missing and I cant find the rest of the code that i need to change.

I found 'index_default.tpl.php', but that doesnt seem to have the needed code for me to change. Nor does 'index_products.tpl.php'.

I see this is an issue for alot of people and a knowledge base has been started at:
http://oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pag ename=Ms2MaxContribs

But it is not finished yet, and I would like any tips you may have in addition to this.

Is there something I am missing? Please help.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide,

JasonM

paulM
01-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Is there something I am missing?Well it seems you are at least missing one important thing: MS-MAX and the BTS are both based on osC2.2 MS2. Since you are talking about a file default.php it looks your are trying to add an MS1 mod :shock:

JasonM
01-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Will a mod for MS1 work on MS2? I got the whole thing installed, and it didn't break the site...but it isn't working 100%. The product_info.php page wont display a product, it says it isn't there, but it is. I will re-check my work.

But the big question is: Will a mod for MS1 work on MS2?

Thanks,
Jason

paulM
01-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Some will, and some won't I suppose, but it's allways possible to make it work of course.
(but to be honest I know almost nothing about MS1)