PDA

View Full Version : Max v1.7 installation problem

goaskmom
11-26-2004, 07:51 PM
I've downloaded and installed v1.7 about 10 times now without success. The problem I'm having is that after the installation (ftp'd everything in binary), created the database, ran then install and it tells me everything was okay.

However, there are few issues every single time and they are :

1) No products in the store despite telling it to install everything during the installation

2) The WYSIWYG editor doesn't appear at all in IE6.0.

3) The OSC template and the AABox template work, but the One Table and CSS are really wacked out. So far wacked out, I'm not sure how you'd fix them. I went to a v1.5 installation I have, downloaded the One Table folder, and uploaded it to the new installation and it didn't fix anything.

Surely I am missing something. Every time I have installed it, I have deleted the database and created it again before installing it again.

I'm getting pressed for time. Anything jump out on this? Or should I go back to 1.5 and start from there?

michael_s
11-27-2004, 10:23 PM
1. The database is empty by default. All sample data was removed for easy addition of your products, no matter what you select during the install.
2. WYSIWYG editor works fine in every install I have ever done, so you are most likely missing something here.
3. The templates are there for samples, nothing more. AABox and osC are the only 2 that are worth playing with, but I suggest you make your own template.

goaskmom
11-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks- can you suggest a decent ftp program? Everything I've tried using seems to drop files somewhere during the process. I end up having to go back and ftp directory by directory. Of course, if I could use something like tar, and was smart enough, I suppose I could just upzip it right where it needs to be.

If I had the file in the root httpdocs directory, what would the tar command look like to unzip it into a /httpdocs/catalog/ destination? I suppose this would be the best way?

Thanks-