PDA

View Full Version : add extra image settings width height etc, any info?

fridgemags
11-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Hello yall,

How involved is it to add extra image width and height settings?

I know that I will need to add the columns in the DB and add it to the images in the website. Is there any other code I need to add?

What I would like to do is add a col_image_width and col_image_height setting so that I can control the product images in the left and right columns seperate of everything else.

And also another setting to control the image on the product_info pages seperately.

Any info or ideas? Hidden code I should be looking for?

Thanx in advance for any help.

fridgemags
11-20-2004, 09:03 PM
ok yall

I figured this out.

All you have to do is add the configuration values to the database.

Steps to add to database.

1. Open your db with phpmyadmin or equivalent.

2. Open the "configuration" table.

3. Click add new row

4. Add the following info as follows.

configuration_title = just a quick description for your own use.

configuration_key= example COL_IMAGE_WIDTH this is the value that will be used in your php files to control the image sizes dynamically. such as if you open the file whats_new.php you will see in the image string some code that looks like "SAMLL_IMAGE_WIDTH" change this to "your configuration_key'

configuration_group_id= set this to 4. this will allow you to set the image size from the admin panel under Images.

configuration_id = must be a unique number.

configuration_description= this is just for your own notes. it tells you or any other db programmer what the value is doing and controlling in the shop.

next step.

after you get the new row in the db setup. go into your admin panel under "Images" and you should see a new setting for an image size.

now you can control the image size from this value.

checkout www.fridgemags.com for examples of what I have done this for.

the column left and right image sizes are independant. and the product info pages image sizes are independant.

I hope this makes some sense to yall.

Sometimes I do not even understand the ramblings in my own head.

later