PDA

View Full Version : Admin Access with Levels

giyer
10-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi All,

I am using MAX1.7 where this contrib is already installed. It is a great choice to be included.

I plan on using this to allow different people access only the order or shipment areas of Admin.

I managed to create an account also after creating a group called Ordermanger but it looks like I can't create a password for this new account.

What is the correct process to add a new Admin in a special Admin group and assign a userid and password?

Or should I start with a new user (as a customer) and assign them to the Admin special group?

Please advise!!

TIA
G

giyer
10-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Is anyone using this contrib at all? I would like any help in this issue!
Thanks
G

beernut
11-06-2004, 06:02 AM
I could use some help here too doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter a password.

beernut
11-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Well finally found it when you log into the admin page in the bottom left hand corner there is a My Account button click that and you can change your password.

Once installed, log into your /catalog/admin, using the default login, email address : [email protected] password: admin . Now change this default password straight away by clicking on My Account (butterfly icon). Then edit, enter admin as the password again, then confirm. And carry on from there. Incidentally, when adding new members under the administrator menu, you are not asked for a password, a random password is emailed to the address entered for that member. The new member can then log on to admin and change there password in the same way.