PDA

View Full Version : Order emails

cigarjoe2003
09-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Hi,
Sorry if this is a repeat question, I have searched the forums with no luck so far. I have a new installation of osCommerce and the store owner (me) is not receiving any order emails for orders placed. I set myself up as a test customer with a different email address I have on the same server. The test customre received the order email however the store owner email address is not receiving them. Any idea on what I have set up wrong? I have confirmed all of the email settings in the admin panel have my correct email address as store owner, I ma just never receiving notification that I have a new order.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

wenzlerpaul
09-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Hi,

I do not know what causes your error but you can try to do this simple test, since on the box for store owner email can be set to multiple email address, try to place a secondary email address separated by a comma, use an outside email address like a yahoo or hotmail. One reason I am seeing on this is you might be using a mail system that has filters on it, this is true with AOL, road runner mail, etc. See if this works, if the mail goes through the other mailbox, it is not oscom that causes this, it is an issue of mail filtering. Of course, this may not always be the case.

hope it helps,
Paul

mrrob
11-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Go to the OS Commerce Control Panel and click on Configuration and then click on "My Store". Then click on "Send Extra Order Emails to" and enter your email address. You should now be able to receive order notifications.

Hope this helps.
Rob