PDA

View Full Version : Creating vertual products?

kiokouk
01-24-2003, 01:36 AM
I am trying to create a product that is not a real product, for example a 'StarterKit' that will consist of a number of products. The products collectively will cost less than if bought separately. I need to have the starter kit act as a product but of course it does not have any attributes other than consisting of a collection of existing products.

How do I do this, please help.

So in summery this thing called 'StarterKit' will be x% cheaper than buying the individual products. I want it to be a single item in the invoice but with sub components.

Any thoughts.

michael_s
01-24-2003, 07:16 AM
The easy way to do this is to create a product, and in the product name, call it "Product package" or some other descriptive name, then in the description, spell out what the package is:

2 widgets - reg price 10.99ea
4 Cogs - reg price 5.99ea
1 Thingamajiggy - reg price 23.99ea

Package discount 10% - Total price 62.93
You Save 6.99

kiokouk
01-25-2003, 03:18 AM
I was hoping for something a little more dynamic. I would like to give the user the option of sellecting from, maybe three widgets and have the price info linked to the real product so I wouldn't have to undate the text when ever a price changed (no dought I would forget).

Any help greatly needed.

Thanks kiokouk. :?:

ixbiosxi
01-27-2003, 08:09 AM
the easiest way i found is to add product attributes for the options that you want to it so they can change them dynamically.