PDA

View Full Version : Gift Voucher checkout

harpon
07-28-2004, 08:28 PM
Hi,

I decided to attempt to use Gift Vouchers after moving from a stock Osc 2.2 to MAX 1.55. I've created the vouchers and you can purchase and send and things are working as expected. I want to know why, when you checkout when ordering ONLY a gift voucher, it doesn't skip the delivery/shipping section of the checkout process?? I believe that it's supposed to do this, but it's not working for me.

When i checkout with a GV, it goes through the normal checkout process. This can be a potential problem as people will get confused at that point. Are GV's not flagged as a VIRTUAL item, like a download?

Any help would be appreciated. For the moment, i have disabled all gift vouchers. If i can get this sorted out, i'll be able to offer them.

I do have a concern about fraud and the fact that you can signup multiple times and get free GV's, but i'll just have to watch and see how it goes.

Thank you.

harpon
07-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Ok, seems it was my fault. I didnt enable downloads, now when checking out a GV, it goes to the payment page and skips shipping! Things are working so well and kudos to the creators of this mod, it's wonderful! Thank you. :D

JohnW
07-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks for sharing that. I woud have done the same thing.