PDA

View Full Version : [Shipping Module] How to add a new module (eg Auspost) shipping module?

jabey1706
03-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Hello all, I am a newbie to OSCMax and like what I have seen so far. However, try as I might, I cannot see how/where I install a new shipping module to the list of already provided modules. I have tried to search the forum but could not find anything on it. Any help or pointers is greatly appreciated. (I don't seem to be able to add line breaks in this text either!). Many thanks. Jabey

ridexbuilder
03-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Follow the instructions supplied with the module, replacing language defines in for example, catalog/languages/english.php, with catalog/languages/english/core.php. That is often all there is to it.
Be sure to read the wiki documentation for tips.

[I have no issues adding line breaks with Firefox and a proper OS (Linux Mint), though it doesn't improve my typing skills! ;)]

pgmarshall
03-03-2013, 09:47 AM
If you can confirm which shipping module from osCommerce should be installed it probably would not hurt to put a couple of Australian shipping modules into the core ... why not put a feature request into the bugtracker.

Regards.

jabey1706
03-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Thanks Ridexbuilder.

From my cursory perusal of posts on this forums, I did notice that you are one of the most knowledgeable and active contributors here.

However, I did also notice that you don't suffer fools lightly! ***grin***.

So I was a bit nervous that I might get short shrifted. Thanks for easing me into the forum gently!

I have used OsCommerce before (a long time ago), - so long that I have forgotten all that I learnt there. I chose OSCMax because it seems more slick and polished. And I like the idea of no-clobber of customisations. However, I am venturing into a general discussion here....

As you can see, I am now using a more "proper" browser (Chrome - but still on Win 8), and the line-break issue is no more.

Many thanks for your help. It is folks like you that make this community what it is.

Yo

jabey1706
03-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. As with my reply to ridexbuilder, I noticed that you too are one of the most active contributors here, and would like to convey my appreciation of all the time you folks put into this.

Not sure which Oz shipping module I will eventually use. Am looking at Smart Send Australian Shipping by codexian and OZpost 3.0.0 by RodG.

I will certainly put in a request to the bugtracker when I have evaluated these. Time is a quite an issue for me. I hope I can get round to it soon.

Could you please confirm that OSCMax is built on OSCommerce v2.3.x please?

Very many thanks

ridexbuilder
03-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Flattery - you'll go far! :D

Could you please confirm that OSCMax is built on OSCommerce v2.3.x please?

osCommerce 2.2 is closer - 'Max is nearly a complete fork these days.

(Maybe it should be renamed osCmap - Michael_S & PGM)

deltrum
04-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi,

Did you manage to get anywhere with the Auspost shipping module. I have hit a few problems and am running out of options. The Auspost shipping module []osCommerce Community Add-Ons (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/648) and it does not calculate the GST correctly on shipping.

Also, I have tried to install the Ozpost module by RodG but it does not seem to be compatible with OScMax.

If you can provide any feedback or assistance, it would be much appreciated.

jabey1706
04-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi Deltrum

I replied to this the other day but it does not appear to have posted :mad:

I installed AusPost.2013.2 not RodG's. I used this one because it appears to be most up-to-date and supports the latest changes to Auspost price lookup (API key etc)

This worked very well for the most part. (including GSt calculation). The business I am helping does not have enough turnover to require GST to be charged yet. But I did set Tax for the shipping module/s and it worked fine. However - make sure that you have set the correct TaxRate in the Localization/Tax Rates section of admin - the default rate is 7% - which may be why you were not seeing GST being calculated correctly.

This contribution has 3 shipping modules:-

AusPost Std (parcel rate)
AusPost Reg (Insured and sign)
AusPost Express (Parcel)

Item 1 worked correctly

Item 2 kind worked but it did not show (or charge) the Insured amount - just showed "$0.00 Insurance". THe lookup URl was not correct. I got the correct one from the Auspost Developer API "Sample code" page (PAC API JS Client (http://auspost.com.au/devcentre/samples/pac/)), and it then worked fine.

Item 2 was compeltely broken. I could not get it to work at all at first. Here too I found that the URL lookup it was using was incorrect. I cut and pasted the correct one from the Auspost Developer API "Sample code" page (PAC API JS Client (http://auspost.com.au/devcentre/samples/pac/)), and it then worked fine.

The other thing for me is that the products in this shop that I am helping to build are A4 Laminated posters - which are shipped at Letter rate (unlike most busnesses) - and for which this contribution did not have a module. So I copied the Auspost Std shipping module and hacked it to get the letter rates from Auspost (again, getting the correct URL from the Aupost Developer API "Sample Code" page). Also had to change $sweight to $shipping_weight*1000 - as Auspost expects this supply weight in Grams not Kgs.

So now I have 4 Auspost shipping modules

Auspost Letter Rate
AusPost Std (Parcel)
AusPost Reg (Insured and sign)
AusPost Express Parcel

And they all work a treat. I yet might even add an Auspost Express Letter module.

Hope this helps

Yo

ridexbuilder
04-28-2013, 10:35 PM
.. all work a treat. I yet might even add an Auspost Express Letter module.
Looks like you've become the newly appointed OzPost Guru! :D

jabey1706
04-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Oh dear - heaven help the community if I'm the best it's got for this!

I cannot program to save my life. But, given enough time (and there's the rub), I can kinda hack around some of the code (in an individual file) and eventually work out what is happening. "Eventually" can mean a lifetime in some cases.

As to how it all hangs together ... that's still a mystery to me. I think there's a magic Pixie that get's installed on the server and who takes care of everything.

Am happy to help if I can.

Yo

ridexbuilder
04-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Oh dear - heaven help the community if I'm the best it's got for this!

I cannot program to save my life. But, given enough time (and there's the rub), I can kinda hack around some of the code (in an individual file) and eventually work out what is happening. "Eventually" can mean a lifetime in some cases.

As to how it all hangs together ... that's still a mystery to me. I think there's a magic Pixie that gets [Edit] installed on the server and who takes care of everything.

This all sounds familiar. ;-)
:beer: