PDA

View Full Version : shipping is not being added

sparkylabs
02-23-2013, 05:10 AM
I only have the flat shipping module enabled but no shipping is showing up on the cart or the paypal payment

michael_s
02-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Weight for your products must not be zero or shipping is skipped. Zero weight = virtual product.

sparkylabs
02-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Ah right, guess i need to go weigh my stuff, yep that works, now I'm having trouble getting any money for my stuff as the different prices for different quantities are going wierd, if i put a base price in the price breaks dissapere, if I take it off I am selling stuff for free I give up !

ridexbuilder
02-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Here's a radical bit of thinking (not!): Flat Rate postage, so weight doesn't matter, so give all items a notional weight of 1 unit. Use EasyPopulate to apply to all products.

sparkylabs
02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Well I'm only just putting stuff in so putting weight is no problem and may prove useful if I change shipping later.

ridexbuilder
02-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Well I'm only just putting stuff in so putting weight is no problem and may prove useful if I change shipping later.
In the long term, that is the best move. Plan ahead and decide whether to use grams or Kg (or old skool equivalent), which will depend on your product range. :)

sparkylabs
02-23-2013, 09:51 AM
oh can I select g ? would be ideal as my stuff weighs grammes

ridexbuilder
02-23-2013, 10:00 AM
oh can I select g ? would be ideal as my stuff weighs grammes
Hmm, 'Max is poor in this respect:

Unit Weight
By what unit are your packages weighed?
This however is a pure textual representation and can be altered within the language files. If you use g throughout, including the "shipping" rates, then it'll work out fine i.e. 1000 = 1Kg.
This should really be addressed and is a simple addition to the base code (just a database update) - I'll try to post an SQL insert, in between France beating England in 6 Nations Rugby, and food. :-)
Allez Les Bleus! :D

sparkylabs
02-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Ah i see what you mean, yea I'll keep typing 0.005 for now

ridexbuilder
02-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Ah i see what you mean, yea I'll keep typing 0.005 for now
Don't! Use whole numbers - trust me.

ridexbuilder
02-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Run this against your database, using phpmyadmin, or save as a weight_update.sql files and upload to your admin/backup directory, where you can "restore" the file in Admin., Backup/Restore.

UPDATE `configuration` SET `set_function` = 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''lbs'', ''oz'',''Kg'', ''g''), ' WHERE `configuration`.`configuration_id` =1488;

[Drat! France has lost the plot...]

sparkylabs
02-23-2013, 10:21 AM
whole ? as in 1 KG ????

ridexbuilder
02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
whole ? as in 1 KG ????
Natural Numbers, Whole Numbers, Integers, Rational Numbers (http://math.about.com/od/mathhelpandtutorials/a/Understanding-Classification-Of-Numbers.htm)

Though now you can use g. ;)

sparkylabs
02-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Natural Numbers, Whole Numbers, Integers, Rational Numbers (http://math.about.com/od/mathhelpandtutorials/a/Understanding-Classification-Of-Numbers.htm)

Though now you can use g. ;)

so 0.005 is ok ? that is 5g

ridexbuilder
02-23-2013, 10:34 AM
I give up: re-read the above.:banghead:

:teacher:

sparkylabs
02-23-2013, 10:35 AM
rational ?

pgmarshall
02-23-2013, 02:35 PM
He means use "5" for 5g not 0.005 for 5g. If you products are in grams just ignore the scale ... it could be 5 anything - oz, lb, kg, tonnes, megatonnes, etc.

And England beat France! - shame on you Ridex ... and I thought we were a "United" Kingdom! Does this mean I have to cheer on the Irish tomorrow?

Top of the morning to you ...

ridexbuilder
02-23-2013, 02:40 PM
And England beat France! - shame on you Ridex ... and I thought we were a "United" Kingdom! Does this mean I have to cheer on the Irish tomorrow?

Top of the morning to you ...
:cry:
The Auld Alliance still holds true. ;) Should be some match but sadly reckon the result will be a forgone conclusion (likewise the pending Referendum). I hope I'm wrong - I am frequently!

pgmarshall
02-23-2013, 02:52 PM
likewise the pending Referendum

I was under the impression that the scots were already starting to rebuild Hadrian's wall ... just with the doors facing the other way ...

Anyway, my heart will be with the tartan army tomorrow but my money will be on the Irish ... that way I win either way!

ridexbuilder
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
I was under the impression that the scots were already starting to rebuild Hadrian's wall ... just with the doors facing the other way ...

Anyway, my heart will be with the tartan army tomorrow but my money will be on the Irish ... that way I win either way!

LOL
Ach, if I was a betting man, I'd say I'd be a little richer m'self, alright. :cool: