PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ Easy Populate and Additional Images

Lisa Bryant Allman
02-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi. I was a long time oscMax user but took a couple years off. Now I'm back. The problem I'm having is that I am unable to get extra columns in easy populate for my extra images.

I have several different variations of the same product. My first main image is of my initial product and I want to use image 2 and/or image 3 to show the different style/color variations.

I read in MoPics that I can add images by using product.a_1 or product.a_2. But these additional images will not change from product to products. I don't want to have to save color.jpg thousands of times under a new name.

I know in my last installation of oscMax that I have a developer make modifications to my site and that I could list additional images via spreadsheet. Whether or not that was a modification they made I don't remember. But this time I really can't afford a developer.

I also tried manually adding the extra images to a product and then download a complete easypopulate file. but only one image column appears.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

ridexbuilder
02-15-2013, 05:11 PM
1. Why post an osCmax question in the osCommerce section?
2. What you are asking is to bypass the inbuilt features of osCmax image handling, so you WILL need some custom coding to get EP to do what you want, but more importantly core code changes.
3. Why not create a catalog/images/extra directory to store those non-standard extra images? Then just use a reference to them in your product description.
Example

<i m g src=" images/extra/colour.jpg">

(Spaced out due to 'Max forums not delimiting HTML code, as it should.)
Note the deliberate lack of a domain name - this is a internal relative link, not absolute and is therefore transportable.

pgmarshall
02-16-2013, 01:20 AM
As Ridex says simply reference them in the description which you can edit in easypopulate.

You can even hyperlink the images to other products if you want ...

Regards.

DaddyChan
04-09-2013, 02:54 AM
As Ridex says simply reference them in the description which you can edit in easypopulate.

You can even hyperlink the images to other products if you want ...

Regards.

I too need this functionality.

In standard oscommerce the easy populate has the columns for additional images upto 7 extra images.

Why was this not ported over for oscmax?

This will make adding additional images to 20K products extremely time consuming... :confused:

could I not just add in the columns for this?

v_products_images_image_2 etc

Thanks
Rob

ridexbuilder
04-09-2013, 02:57 AM
I too need this functionality.

In standard oscommerce the easy populate has the columns for additional images upto 7 extra images.

Why was this not ported over for oscmax?

This will make adding additional images to 20K products extremely time consuming... :confused:

could I not just add in the columns for this?

v_products_images_image_2 etc

Thanks
Rob
Try not to skim read and recognise that this isn't needed for 'Max - it has automated additional images, through Dynamic Mopics - see wiki etc.

DaddyChan
04-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Try not to skim read and recognise that this isn't needed for 'Max - it has automated additional images, through Dynamic Mopics - see wiki etc.

Yeah my bad, just trying to get this sorted ASAP.

So I basically upload the extra images in the the corresponding directory via FTP and so long as they are named how I set them in admin they will automatically be applied to the correct product?

ridexbuilder
04-09-2013, 04:03 AM
Yeah my bad, just trying to get this sorted ASAP.

So I basically upload the extra images in the the corresponding directory via FTP and so long as they are named how I set them in admin they will automatically be applied to the correct product?
Pretty much the case - see wiki.

DaddyChan
04-15-2013, 04:05 AM
Hi again,

When I insert my csv via EP, I upload the images via FTP to the images/images_big directory yet they do not show on the product listing. The reason i put them in that directory is when I manually insert a product the system puts the image there.

I have checked the filenames correspond correctly and they do. The image is only 320 x 320 so not very large.

When I view the product the product image just has 'loading...' there. i have attached a screenshot.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Pretty sure it could be a setting i have missed somewhere..

Thanks
Rob

DaddyChan
04-15-2013, 04:30 AM
Ignore my last post. I think I found the solution.

fizz-bang
07-21-2013, 12:56 AM
OK I have solved the problem above but now have stumbled across another, when clicking on 'Download Complete w/SPPC .csv file to edit' I have this error message;

JS_PRODUCTS_NAME, Error: Destination not writeable.1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_msrp' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_msrp as v_products_msrp,p.products_hide_from_groups as v_products_hide_from_groups,p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks,p.products_min_order_qty as v_products_min_order_qty, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

I have searched everywhere for guidance but can not see any for this error......please help!

Many thanks

Jen

ridexbuilder
09-04-2013, 08:17 AM
OK I have solved the problem above but now have stumbled across another, when clicking on 'Download Complete w/SPPC .csv file to edit' I have this error message;

JS_PRODUCTS_NAME, Error: Destination not writeable.1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_msrp' in 'field list'

This has what do with this thread? Have I entered a parallel dimension?
:confused: