PDA

View Full Version : Shipping: One box per item instead of default one box for all items

adam71o
01-18-2013, 06:52 AM
I have multiple items being purchased and they are large and have a custom packaging/shipping solution per item. By default, osc charges the customer for one box with the aggregate weights of the items (even though each item has, in the product settings, specific package dimensions and weight).

I have looked in "Configuration > Shipping / Packing" and "Modules > Shipping > UPS" and cannot find where to tell osc NOT to combine shipping on multiple items.

Your input is appreciated.

ridexbuilder
01-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Think out of the box!

Individual Shipping Module.

adam71o
01-18-2013, 08:59 AM
I already tried the Individual Shipping Module and it broke the shipping altogether for any product where I touched ISM's settings. I set the test product's ISM settings:
zip: my store zip code
shipping price: $15
add't shipping price: $10

It made it so that no shipping address or shipping options were available at checkout. It said "This is the only shipping option available" but there was no shipping option shown or billed.

I had to remove the module, then go and change the product's package settings to something else, save, and then change them back, and save, to get the shipping address and options to reappear in order checkout.

Additionally, it appears that the ISM doesn't use UPS's rates. So, even if it didn't break my checkout, I don't understand how ISM could be useful for me.

Is there not a way to have oscmax calculate rates from UPS with each item packaged individually?

ridexbuilder
01-18-2013, 09:08 AM
It sounds like ISM is buggy.

Is there not a way to have oscmax calculate rates from UPS with each item packaged individually?
Sorry, I can't answer that being across The Pond and not fluent in the intricacies of US "shipping" (Jeez, it's Postal-Service not Shipping-Service :p). Fortunately 'Max isn't totally US-centric. ;)