PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Express not working correctly osCmax 2.5.2 ... I don't think... help please?

Invizix
01-15-2013, 05:47 PM
We're not sure, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly, when someone who is or is not logged on and doesn't click on the PayPal Express button on the cart instead they goto directly to Checkout [checkout.php] well the only option available to them is the PayPal Direct Payment, also if they select "You're currently checking out with PayPal Express Checkout!
Click Here to choose another payment method." it will only show PayPal Payments Pro option. Therefore the customer is not able to checkout because we are not PayPal Payments Pro members. Is there a way to make this module show Express Checkout only? The option isn't even available from checkout, only on the shopping cart page.

Is the PayPal Express [PayPal Direct Payment] module not compatible with One Page Checkout? If that's the case it's not been compatible for years. :mad:

Can we use the PayPal Express Module from osCommerce?

If push comes to shove and we are forced to use the PayPal IPN can someone please explain how to set it up or point us into the right osCmax documentation and/or wiki as some of the pages related to the topic in the Wiki we viewed on the subject seem to be outdated. All the PayPal modules for osCmax are totally different than Zen Cart's implementation, so we are a bit confused by them, mainly it requested PEM certs from us and stuff. :)

Thanks so much. :)

michael_s
01-15-2013, 07:00 PM
The module you are using is not a paypal express module, it is a Paypal Direct Payment module. It has to include Paypal Express as Paypal's TOS requires that Express must also be used if you are using Paypal direct payments.

There is no standalone paypal express module included in osCmax. You can get it from addons.oscommerce.com. Installation is pretty simple.

Invizix
01-15-2013, 07:11 PM
The module you are using is not a paypal express module, it is a Paypal Direct Payment module. It has to include Paypal Express as Paypal's TOS requires that Express must also be used if you are using Paypal direct payments.

There is no standalone paypal express module included in osCmax. You can get it from addons.oscommerce.com. Installation is pretty simple.

So it is doable from oscommerce.com? Can you maybe guide us through the process in PM? Or is it basically just "drop in"? Thanks. :)

michael_s
01-15-2013, 08:00 PM
It is not a simple drop in, but still pretty easy. And yes, just use the osCommerce module. osCmax is compatible with a few minor changes.

Put the module in the payments module directory. Put the language file in the language directory - remember osCmax does not put modules language files in a sub directory like standard oscommerce so you will have to modify the language paths in the actual module file to point to the right directory.

You will need to edit the shopping cart template to add the paypal express button. On the upside, you will see where to put it - right below to the paypal pro/express button.

The above changes should take about 15 minutes to complete and you can then install the module from the admin panel.

Invizix
01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
<duplicate post>

Invizix
01-15-2013, 09:28 PM
You will need to edit the shopping cart template to add the paypal express button. On the upside, you will see where to put it - right below to the paypal pro/express button.

We are using PayPal Express Checkout with Item Description & Total amount.

What exactly would the code be? I see the one for paypal pro/express. what would we change the tep_ code to for the PayPal Express?

Btw, we did some sandbox testings, it starts to go well, but upon returning to the site after you confirm it with PayPal it just gives just a white screen, and the URL looks like:
https://www.mysite.com/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php?osC_Action=retrieve&token=EC-7JR2013836439705S&PayerID=34EE4XN8SNQBA it does it with the stock express.php that comes with osCmax, does it for my mod of it, and the original add-on as well! Any ideas?

It seems to create the user account, but it doesn't return to where it probably should be thus just giving a white screen and not creating the order.

The one we downloaded when you click on the PayPal Express button only links you to the login.php screen, I don't think thats how it's suppose to work, in fact I know PayPal Express modules don't work like that at all on any shopping cart i've used. Hmmmm, i'm stumped... perhaps I need that shopping_cart.php template code even though i'm seeing a PayPal Express button, but it's probably linked incorrectly.

We enabled checkout as a guest, and went through the process of checking out and once again the white page with the URL simular to above, i've not modded the shopping_cart.php file yet so it's my assumption that's the culprit.

P.S. It's not a cookie problem, as those are cleared automatically when the browser closes, for and for testing purposes we delete them via the browser options as well.

Help?

michael_s
01-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Check your php error logs for the actual error on returning to your site. That will help.