PDA

View Full Version : Quebec QST in 2013 - anyone know how to implement the change?

Tania
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Hi all,

In Quebec, calculating the QST has changed as of Jan 1:
-------------
Calculation of the QST at a rate of 9.975% on an amount excluding GSTOn January 1, 2013, the QST system will be changed so that the QST will no longer be calculated on amounts including the GST. At the same time, the current QST rate of 9.5% will increase to 9.975%.
-------------

Has anyone made changes to their 2.5 installation? If so, what did you do? Does this simply mean that we remove the compound setting? Will doing this still allow the two taxes to show up on separate lines?

I'm using v2.5 with the Compromise template. I had setup Canadian taxes as per the instructions I found here and in OsCommerce add-ons.

Thanks!

Tania
01-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Hi all,

In Quebec, calculating the QST has changed as of Jan 1:
-------------
Calculation of the QST at a rate of 9.975% on an amount excluding GST

On January 1, 2013, the QST system will be changed so that the QST will no longer be calculated on amounts including the GST. At the same time, the current QST rate of 9.5% will increase to 9.975%.
-------------

Has anyone made changes to their 2.5 installation? If so, what did you do? Does this simply mean that we remove the compound setting? Will doing this still allow the two taxes to show up on separate lines?

I'm using v2.5 with the Compromise template. I had setup Canadian taxes as per the instructions I found here and in OsCommerce add-ons.

Thanks!

No need to reply, I just confirmed what I originally thought. We just need to change the Priority on the tax rate to 1 (non-cumulative), instead of 2 (cumulative). And yes, there will still be separate lines.