PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Text imprint

DanDan
07-25-2012, 10:26 AM
I am using the text imprint mod. I have modified it for use with OSCMax 2.5.1. It appeared to work fine but when someone orders a product in a specific color and adds their name, then orders a second product in a different color with a different name on it, the orders in the shopping cart both come out with the name of the second product. How can I resolve this?

Thanks,

Dan

DanDan
07-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Since I modified the Text Imprint module to work with 2.5.1 I thought my modification messed up the function of the module so I installed OSCMax 2.5.0 on a test server and installed the module. I have the same problem. When ordering two of the same product, both products end up with the same text imprint values. If I add different attributes to each so that the products are listed separately in the shopping cart they still both end up with the same name (or whatever text imprint value) that was added to the second product.

Has anyone had experience with the text imprint module?

Dan

pgmarshall
07-27-2012, 04:05 AM
Ridexbuilder is the man in the know on text imprint module.

Regards.

ridexbuilder
07-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Text Imprint was added as only an interim measure until OTF was properly implemented. As such it is limited in functionality. It's primary purpose is to cater for the customisation of ONE product. Your issues with changing/adding a customised product with attributes is not limited to 'Max 2.5.x and is inherent in the code i.e. it is the same with 'Max 2.0.2x

The key limitation is as follows:
Example product
Test Product 3
- Colour black
- Name : my name 4
You can't then have the following in the same order..
Test Product 3
- Colour black
- Name : my name 5

Yes, it can be considered a bug/flaw. If I discover any further info. or a fix, during trials, then I'll pass it along.