PDA

View Full Version : PDF Invoice Question

grozanc
07-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

OK, I've tried googling, forum search, etc., but I can't figure out how to use/setup the PDF Invoice option. When I view an order, I see four buttons (invoice, packing slip and pdf invoice, pdf packing slip). When I click on the invoice/packing slip it's generates an accurate invoice/packing slip. When I click on pdf invoice/packing slip I get the attached batch_orders.pdf page(s). I'm sure I need to set something up, but I can't figure out where to start. Any help would be appreciated. I've included links to a screen shot and the generated pdf so you can see what I'm taking about.

http://dev.garyrozanc.com/images/pdfinvoice.jpg
http://dev.garyrozanc.com/images/batch_orders.pdf

Regards,
Gary

pgmarshall
07-25-2012, 04:03 AM
PDF invoice should just open a nice PDF of the same things as the plain one ... Ave you changed any of the bulk process document names?

Regards,

grozanc
07-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Hello Again,

I haven't changed any of the bulk process document names. To be honest, I don't even know what or where they are.

Also, on the fresh install that I PM'd you the info on, the pdf invoice isn't working either. I didn't change anything, mess with any setting, etc. I just added two products and left it at that. Is there something that needs to be installed on the server to generate the pdf? Maybe that's what's missing.

pgmarshall
07-25-2012, 10:25 PM
I can see the issue you mention although I have no idea how you managed this! The orders works fine on my store so can you just double check that you have the following files on your system - admin/includes/modules/batch_print/templates/Invoice_s3.php - this is the PDF generator when you click the Invoice button.

Try re-uploading the entire batch_print/templates/ folder.

Also please check that the temp_pdf folder has write permissions (0755)

Regards,

grozanc
07-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Hello PG,

Thanks for all your help, but I didn't do anything to cause this! The install I gave you access to is a fresh install with no settings change other than changing the "admin" folder. Anyway, I downloaded v2.5.2 again, re-uploaded the batch_print/templates/ folder and I made sure the temp_pdf folder was 755, I even tried 777 just to be certain. None of this worked.

Do you have any other suggestions? Since I'm trying the on a fresh install I'm really confused why this works for some people and not for me.

Regards,
Gary

pgmarshall
07-28-2012, 09:04 AM
The file you are seeing is the one that comes in the download file. This is why I think it is a permissions issue - when you are running your PDF it is not overwriting the file and hence when it opens it is showing the dummy one loaded from the zip file. (See aabox.com in the customers email address).

Check your permissions again ... or delete batch_orders.pdf from temp_pdf ... also check your .htaccess to make sure you haven't blocked anything.

Regards.

grozanc
07-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Great call! It was a permissions issue. I changed the batch_orders.pdf to 777 and it started working.