PDA

View Full Version : Well crap... admin login not allowing login-no errors

tauras911
07-06-2004, 12:42 PM
hi all,

I am a newb to osc-max. I do have 2 OScommerce installations under my belt. =) So wanted to see what the hubbub was about for oscmax.

I am experiencing a problem when I try to login to the admin login area after this new installation. It appears to accept the default login

[email protected]
admin

, but when I hit confirm, it just refreshes the admin login screen. If I enter a incorrect password, it does show an error. I also checked to confirm that the username and password were still correct in my database. Yep the passwords are still good.

Another thing I noticed was that the "confirm" button was not coming up. For the fun of i I 777'd the admin directory to see if this was the problem, the confirm image does show correctly now, but I still cannot login.

I didnt see any references to this problem in the search so either I am "special" or I am "**special**"

Anyways if you have some input, let me know what you think...

Thanks much

T

michael_s
07-06-2004, 02:19 PM
This is usually caused by having the incorrect sessions directory or wrong permissions on the sessions dir.

Edit your configure.php file (admin/includes/configure.php)

Change the line:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

to

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Hopefully that will fix it for ya..

tauras911
07-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Wowee. Nice shotting Tex! That nailed the lil bugger. I am in the admin area now. More problems to follow =P

Thanks!

T