PDA

View Full Version : Admin only assumes one image ?

bjrafferty
07-05-2004, 04:25 PM
In the Admin Tool, it looks like it assumes that you will only have a small image (thumbnail). How do you let it know where the bigger image is ?

In EasyPopulate there is code for designating 8 or 9 images for a product, but I fail to see where they would all go - where all the image/paths/names would be written.

Do they all end up in the products_image field in the products table ? Or do the bigger image names end up in a different table ? Or does the product table need to be modified to have more than one image field ?

bjrafferty
07-06-2004, 04:03 PM
From reading some of the community contrigutions, it looks like the multiple image upload works something like this. The larger image goes in the catalog/images/image_big subdirectory and multiple thumbs can go in the /thumbs directory below that.

I still have not figured out where the info winds up in the database tables, but that will probably come with more reading.

michael_s
07-07-2004, 05:59 AM
The images are not stored in the database. They are grabbed by the script when it processes the page, right from the file system. The naming scheme is stored in the Dynamic MoPics section.

bjrafferty
07-09-2004, 02:28 PM
I was referring to the filenames of the images being in the database, not the images themselves.

Thanks, I am making progress.