PDA

View Full Version : check permissions in oscmax does not appear in the admin

elaineben
05-17-2012, 01:12 PM
i have followed all the instructions, but the check prmissions file still does not appear in the file acess via administration. what else have i done wrong? maybe someone could add some idea what they have done with the same problem.

there was the instruction: Add to /admin/includes/languages/english.php: (near the end is fine ..again before the ?>)
define('BOX_TOOLS_CHECK_PERMISSIONS', 'Check Permissions');

i may have to clarify that because there is no english.php in the languages folder. instead i opened enlish folder of the languages file and still no english.php. i changed the core.php as intrusted in the knowledge base. was it right?

please post the right instruction for these.

thanks for the help.

pixel22
05-17-2012, 08:50 PM
i changed the core.php as intrusted in the knowledge base. was it right?

Yes english.php in oscmax is core.php

You should add to your_/includes/filenames.php befre last tag
define('FILENAME_CHECK_PERMISSIONS', 'check_permissions.php');

After you have to add file to the admin files (in catalg Administrator)

You need to add also in admin/includes/boxes/administrator.php

tep_admin_jqmenu(FILENAME_CHECK_PERMISSIONS, BOX_TOOLS_CHECK_PERMISSIONS, 'TOP') .

elaineben
05-20-2012, 11:26 AM
i did what you have instructed but the check permission file still didn't appear. i do not know what else to do. i just want to add that before i installed check permissions to my newly installed oscmax 2.5.1, i have already changed the name of my admin, removed install folder and what's left was the changing of chmod of configure.php. i thought i could install the addon check permissions to help me with changing the permissions of this file configure.php. (btw, i've got issues with it, everytime i change it to 444, it goes back to 640).

if i won't get the answers at the end of this week, there are no other choices, but to uninstall check permissions addon.

thanks for the help. if you know any other remedy for it, i would love to hear it.

niallb
05-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Can you not do this via your cPanel?