PDA

View Full Version : Please help! (setting tax rate for products)

sheikyerbouti
10-20-2002, 03:18 PM
I have already added over 75 products to the database, along with photos, prices, descriptions, etc. I wasn't aware that i had to set the tax rate at the time i added each procuct, so now i'm wondering.......

Since i just set up one option as Taxable Goods, is there a way to set the taxable rate for ALL 75 products to "Taxable Goods" in one fell swoop rather than going through all 75 products and changing them?

Please help!
thanks,
pete

michael_s
10-20-2002, 08:38 PM
Use phpmyadmin and edit your database directly or dump the contents of the table to a text file, and then edit it manually and re-integrate the changes by running a query in phpmyadmin. Just find the field in question, and make the changes to all the products. That is the easiest and quickest way to do it.

sheikyerbouti
10-21-2002, 12:43 PM
yep, sounds easy enuff......

only problem is.... that all went right over my head. :D I think the easiest thing to do would be the phpMyAdmin recommendation you made. Could someone guide me through the process of changing that? I go to phpMyAdmin and select "products" from the list on the left. On the right pane i see about 13 fields listed. One of them is entitled "products_tax_class_id".... Do i need to change that in some way? This is all brand new to me.....

I say..... can ya help a brother out???

Thanks,
pete

stan
10-22-2002, 01:42 PM
ain't nothing but a chicken wing!

Just go to phpMyAdmin. Select the products table. Now select the the SQL tab. Then for the query, enter the following:

UPDATE products SET products_tax_class_id = '1';

Click on the "Go" button and tada! Instant taxes! :)

-- stan c",)

sheikyerbouti
10-22-2002, 04:32 PM
where were you 48 hours ago???? :D

Thanks so much. Someone walked me through the process earlier today. It worked like a champ-ene.....

-pete