PDA

View Full Version : what triggers product notifications?

wkdwich
03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
v2.5.0

I've changed the price, added price breaks, added images.. no notification email..

I am logged in while testing this from the same IP as both the admin & customer.. I have 2 test customers, both customers watching both products.. nothing..

what sets this off so I can test it please..

michael_s
03-04-2012, 10:12 PM
You trigger it by going into your admin panel Tools >> Newsletters section and sending out a newsletter to them using the Products Notifications module.

This is not an automated process - you manually have to do it.

Write up a little newsletter then save it and click send. It will a take you to a notification screen where you can select the products individually or send a global notification.

wkdwich
03-05-2012, 05:12 AM
ahhhhhh ok thanks for that.. I never used that myself.. I use constant contact.. my members who opt into a newsletter are imported to constant contact..

michael_s
03-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Then you should disable the product notifications system in your store/replace with constant contact, as you would end up with a list you will never use.

wkdwich
03-05-2012, 02:39 PM
yup I will do that, thanks

maximilian
03-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Is there a way to trigger automatic notifications, say for example creating all the product promotions for the year and having them to be automatically sent out on a set day each month?

michael_s
03-08-2012, 01:31 PM
That is more of a mailing list feature that would be better covered by a service like mailchimp or even phplist. osCmax is not a mailing list program so the mailing features are pretty basic to cover most generic needs.

If you want more powerful mailing list features it is always better to use application/software that is dedicated to that purpose. osCmax integrates seamlessly with mailchimp so that would be what I recommend.