PDA

View Full Version : Arvixe.com

niallb
02-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi,
this probably isnt the right place to post this but I couldnt see anywhere that seemed right.

I noticed that there is a link to this site on the Oscmax home page
osCmax Web Hosting: osCmax Tutorials and osCmax Shopping Cart Installation (http://www.arvixe.com/osCmax_hosting)

Not heard of them before but would be interested to hear other opinions as what they offer seems quite decent. Couldnt help but notice that OscMax isnt one of the Ecommerce solutions that they list within their site, its only mentioned on the page linked to above.

Niall

ridexbuilder
02-27-2012, 02:35 PM
I can't possibly comment, except:
"Unlimited Space / Unlimited Data Transfer"
Hmmm

michael_s
02-27-2012, 04:00 PM
That is just a google advert. We make a few pennies from the clicks. Every little bit helps, but we do not endorse any of the advertisers with google adwords so your mileage may vary.

I can't speak directly about this particular host, but generally "unlimited" anything is a myth, except maybe for the unlimited charges you will incur for trying to fully use an unlimited plan ;)

Arvand
02-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi,
this probably isnt the right place to post this but I couldnt see anywhere that seemed right.

I noticed that there is a link to this site on the Oscmax home page
osCmax Web Hosting: osCmax Tutorials and osCmax Shopping Cart Installation (http://www.arvixe.com/osCmax_hosting)

Not heard of them before but would be interested to hear other opinions as what they offer seems quite decent. Couldnt help but notice that OscMax isnt one of the Ecommerce solutions that they list within their site, its only mentioned on the page linked to above.

Niall

While I understand that you are looking for others' opinion on our hosting services, if you have any questions directly for us, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to respond.

To respond to the Unlimited hosting mentions, almost all major hosting providers in the world offer Unlimited hosting. This is due to the fact that once you do obtain 50k+ accounts/customers, you notice that less than 2% of the customers actually use up 100s of GB of files. And with the cost of hard drives decreasing, its better to give the customer the freedom than try to nickle and dime them on a few GB of space.

If anything, I'd be concerned of a company's longevity if they don't compete with other providers (if they provide shared hosting) as their lack of growth and financial stability can have an affect on your account's stability in the future.