PDA

View Full Version : 403 Forbidden on a few select admin actions

qxonn
02-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Hello,

Forgive me if this is an issue that has been resolved, but I can't seem to find an answer.

Our new store is giving us 403 Forbidden errors when we perform a few select actions in the Admin area. They are as follows:

admin/information_manager.php?information_action=Update
admin/information_manager.php?gID=1&information_action=Delete&information_id=13
admin/page_modules_configuration.php?page=1&tID=19&action=delete
admin/infobox_configuration.php?gID=1&cID=1&action=delete
admin/manufacturers.php?page=1&mID=4&action=delete

There may be more, but we haven't encountered them yet. So far everything else works great. I have tried changing permissions to the admin directory and files to 777, verified mysql user settings and permissions and I'll note that the 403 errors are not appearing in the error logs for apache. Also temporarily renamed the .htaccess files in an attempt to count them out as well. No luck. Note: our admin directory is something else and I simply added it to the list above for a reference.

Any ideas? I had installed Osc_Sec security addon (osCommerce Community Add-Ons (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8283)) thinking that was the cause, but I restored to our original files (uninstalling it) and hasn't had any change.

Thank you for your help you may be able to give,

Matt

qxonn
02-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Posted too soon. Sorry. The problem was in the .htaccess for the main public_html that caused it and originally overlooked, which was part of the osc_sec contribution that blocked these actions. 403 error doesnt show anymore. Cheers!