PDA

View Full Version : Custom Link in Categoires

freeman78
02-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Hi there,
i wish to add a custom link within the categories menu , something like :
Special offers
That will link to the specials page.
While this is easy in oscommerce i can't find a clue on Osc MAX.
Any idea?
Thanks
Fab

pgmarshall
02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Categories box is built by: catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php

The link you add is: <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, "show_specials=1"); ?>">Specials</a>

Job done.

freeman78
02-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Thanks Pg,
clever as always :)
I wish to have the "link" added within the categories list, if i add that link to the file it will be "out" from the list, where do i have to place it to make it "show" with the top categories list?
regards
Fab

freeman78
02-19-2012, 04:06 AM
I was thinking about adding : $boxContent .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT,"show_specials=1") .'">';
Somewhere in the file, but i'm a bit lost :|
---
It should work like this :
tep_show_category($first_element);

include (bts_select('boxes', $box_base_name)); // BTS 1.5

//to include special link within the category list
$boxContent .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT,"show_specials=1") .'">';

$boxContent .= '</table>';
}
---
But it doesn't show up

freeman78
02-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Any idea Pg?

pgmarshall
02-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Errr... never tried this ...

You could always try changing:
$boxContent .= '</table>';

To:
$boxContent .= '<tr><td><?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT,"show_specials=1"); ?></td></tr></table>';

Regards.

freeman78
02-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Yup, tried with no luck :|

pgmarshall
02-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Okay - I have now had a chance to have a proper look for you.

1. Browse to catalog/templates/fallback/boxes/box.tpl.php and take a copy of it.
2. Paste this copy into catalog/templates/{your_template}/boxes/ and rename it to categories.tpl.php
3. Now you have your own template for the categories infobox!
4. Open your new infobox template and add:

<tr><td class="smallText"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT,"show_specials=1"); ?>">Specials</a></td></tr>

after

<tr><td class="boxText"<?php if (isset($boxContent_attributes)) echo $boxContent_attributes; ?>><?php echo $boxContent; ?></td></tr>

Should work!

freeman78
02-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi Pg,
i need to thank you , the add is working "almost" fine :) (the link is present and working well, the "look" is not consistent with the menu)
With oscommerce i had a perfect result, but it's ok here.
Honestly i'm very satisfied with OSC Max, it's great. I'm not a beginner with oscmmerce, but i find a bit more complicated to work with OscMax, because the coding has already a lot of features included. Is there a "proper" developer guide for OscMax? I have to "migrate" my shop probably in 1 year or so, and i think OSCmax is a great opportunity without spending hours on implementing and testing mods, but with Osc 2.3.1 coming out (i think it's quite good and well done) i'm still confused. Anyway please email me some of your references, with Ridex if i plan to move on i'll probably will be willing to pay you some money to help me out with things i can't cope :)
Thanks for the help!

ridexbuilder
02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Try changing

<td class="smallText">....
To

<td class="boxText">
I'd like to see a developer's guide too. ;)

freeman78
02-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi Ridex, sorted out creating a new class :)
All looks better :)
I understand it's a matter of trying and trying, i'm just too used with Oscommerce and sometimes get lost with Oscmax mods :|
Developer guide will be a dream ;)

freeman78
02-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks Ridex,
created a new class and assigned , now looks far better and the "spacing" is better (that was the main problem).
Developers guide will be a dream ;)