PDA

View Full Version : Priced too low to show mod?

Pr0ject
02-07-2012, 10:52 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a mod to show the retail price and then show a discounted price if the customer clicked something.
This is kind of like amazons add to cart to show price.

pgmarshall
02-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Met00 wrote something like this ... have a search through the threads ... not sure if he released the code though.

Regards.

niallb
02-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Have you tried entering your discounted price in 'specials'? That does the trick for me

Pr0ject
02-07-2012, 02:02 PM
The real problem is that I have a lot of items that have Manufacturer's Pricing that has to be respected.
So I can't advertise the item on my website for lower. However I can price it for lower on the sale. (It's retarded, but thats the policy they have implemented)
But I want my google feeds to feed the lower price and I want the website to show the higher price and a click to see a lower price type deal.

Pr0ject
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Solution Idea
Lets say I set the contact for price to anything is a negative value so for a product I can set the value to lets say -$95.00.
Then when I do the google feed I make an if statement that if the value is - that it gets multiplied by -1 so that the value fed to google is the correct value.
Then when you get to my website instead of this lower value it will just say contact for price.
Anyone think this is good?

I would still prefer MSRP to be displayed and if I click or login the value goes to the sale price...
Anyone have any other suggestions?

niallb
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Would it be possible to set the lower prices on a different customer type (say full price as 'MRSP', discounted price as 'sale') and put a 'sale' button on the image linked to the 'sale' price page?
Sorry if that sounds a bit jumbled but maybe someone who knows v2.5 better than I could jump in here.