PDA

View Full Version : Sitemap Generator Error

ptrau
01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
oscMAX RC2
5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)
MySQL 5.0.92-log

This is my third installation of oscMAX and love it. I am having an issue generating the sitemaps from the admin area. I get the error screen shown below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ptrau
01-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Can't get Feedmachine to connect either.......having to do manual upload.....kind of a pain...other sites running on RC1...this one's RC2...guess I'll downgrade and try that.

pgmarshall
01-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Sorry - I thought I had reply to this thread!

Have you got the file in the admin permissions list? It should be in there ... but you might have removed it by mistake.

Let me check for the text "Restricted Access" in the source to see where the message is coming from.

Regards.

ptrau
01-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Not sure what you mean...I didn't have to add/change anything in the RC1 release to get Sitemap and Feedmachine to work

pgmarshall
01-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Sorry - I thought I had reply to this thread!

Have you got the file in the admin permissions list? It should be in there ... but you might have removed it by mistake.

Let me check for the text "Restricted Access" in the source to see where the message is coming from.

Regards.

ptrau
01-29-2012, 11:57 AM
OK found what you were referencing (I think)....and all available choices are selected under Administrator/Admin Groups/Top Administrator

pgmarshall
01-29-2012, 12:44 PM
I can not find "Restricted access" anywhere in osCmax ... so I suspect it is coming from Google or the other search engines.

Have you set up your sitemaps urls properly?

Regards.

ridexbuilder
01-29-2012, 02:40 PM
One thing of note: I never get osCmax to upload feeds/sitemap. I let Google do the work (via Merchant Center/Webmaster Tools).
Might help you.

ptrau
01-29-2012, 06:32 PM
I do use Google Webmaster tools, but it does not create the three sitemap profiles that the osCMax RC1 does (i.e. site xml, categories xml, products xml). I can't even create the files using the sitemap tool.

And the webmaster tools will only "fetch" your google-product-search.txt, not create them. So I guess you use a cron job to generate the new product files and schedule Google to fetch them on a scheduled basis.

Still don't understand why it works flawlessly in RC1 and won't in RC2. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong but can't figure it out.

pgmarshall
01-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Have you got the permissions set correctly on the xml files? 644 so the server can write to them?

ridexbuilder
01-30-2012, 04:23 AM
Deleted...