PDA

View Full Version : Adding new pages

Rogar
01-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi,

I'm after adding some new pages to my store - I am using compromise template.

I have tried creating an article - but this shows it in my article section in the left column and on the page it has the "send the article to a friend".

I've tried creating a Information page, but this puts a "continue" button in bottom right hand corner which takes them back to root.

What I am after is a simple blank page I can add some images, tables etc to.

Any thoughts on how I can do this?

niallb
01-24-2012, 08:24 AM
is this a static content page you want?

pgmarshall
01-24-2012, 09:28 AM
The information pages tool is the one you should be using - this is exactly what it is designed for. So in fact what you really want to do is to remove the continue button from your content page? If so, take a copy of information.tpl.php from the fallback/content folder and paste it in the compromise/content folder. Then remove lines 37 - 57 inclusively from your new file -> basically the table that creates the box and button. The system will now use your version of the file not the fallback one and you have achieved your goal. (I have always thought the button was not needed anyway!) Regards.

Rogar
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM
The information pages tool is the one you should be using - this is exactly what it is designed for. So in fact what you really want to do is to remove the continue button from your content page? If so, take a copy of information.tpl.php from the fallback/content folder and paste it in the compromise/content folder. Then remove lines 37 - 57 inclusively from your new file -> basically the table that creates the box and button. The system will now use your version of the file not the fallback one and you have achieved your goal. (I have always thought the button was not needed anyway!) Regards.

That's great, however, this new information page now appears in the "information box" in my left column - is there a way to hide this (deactivating seems to just remove it completely).

After a search I found this http://www.oscmax.com/forums/custom-mods-hacks/26114-hiding-information-page-from-sidebar-links.html

Which mentions to use the articles, however, I'd like to leave that section alone as it has the "send article to a friend" etc, and I will be making some articles shortly which I will want in my column / homepage etc.

Thank you again.

pgmarshall
01-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Just use the little red and green buttons under the column marked "Listed in Infobox".

You will need a link to it somewhere on your store though! Otherwise no one will ever find it!

Regards.

Rogar
01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Just use the little red and green buttons under the column marked "Listed in Infobox".

You will need a link to it somewhere on your store though! Otherwise no one will ever find it!

Regards.

I thought I was about to start punching myself for missing something so obvious but this doesn't work for me (maybe a bug?)

I'm running v2.5 RC2, when I click the red box "Listed in Infobox" it turns the "status" of the new page off so the old URL doesn't work (well it does work but just has no content in the body).

Does this happen for you/anyone else or have I messed something up :S

pgmarshall
01-26-2012, 01:13 AM
Just tested and this looks like a bug to me ... can you post in the bugtracker and will take a look. Regards.