PDA

View Full Version : [Core Hack] Remove the Step 1 Dropdown for edit_orders_add_product?

MrE03
12-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Is there a way that I can comment out just the step 1 of the dropdown and have it where I just use the search box field instead? There's thousands of products and having to query all those products takes way too long to load the categories when trying to manually create an order.

pgmarshall
12-10-2011, 12:21 PM
I am going to assume you are talking about Create/Edit Order in admin?

You could always try the phone order method - where you simply login as the customer and shop in your own store!

Regards.

MrE03
12-11-2011, 12:02 AM
I am going to assume you are talking about Create/Edit Order in admin?

You could always try the phone order method - where you simply login as the customer and shop in your own store!

Regards.

Yep, the create/Edit pop up that appears, it would be nice if I could change that so it doesn't display dropdown, but yes I do have it where I "pretend" to be the customer and order it through the front end lol.

pgmarshall
12-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I find it always best to use the "pretend" to be the customer - mainly as it allows you to browse your own store and spot things that you may have missed - eg. poor image, missing image, out of stock items, specials expiring, etc.

Otherwise, you can put in a Feature Request in the bugtracker for v2.6. If you do this then please clearly scope out the requirement explaining exactly what it is that you want to achieve and why.

Regards.

MrE03
12-11-2011, 08:11 PM
I find it always best to use the "pretend" to be the customer - mainly as it allows you to browse your own store and spot things that you may have missed - eg. poor image, missing image, out of stock items, specials expiring, etc.

Otherwise, you can put in a Feature Request in the bugtracker for v2.6. If you do this then please clearly scope out the requirement explaining exactly what it is that you want to achieve and why.

Regards.

Yeah that's pretty much the exact reasons too, the only times it can require the use of this that can be difficult is if the customer decides to add additional items after the order has been made, then it can be tedious waiting for the item dropdown to show (sometimes timing out). I will put it in v2.6 feature bug tracker for the time being as well.

Thanks