PDA

View Full Version : oscommerce-2.2ms2

jewls
06-19-2004, 01:49 PM
OK, I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times, but I'm not finding any answers.

I have heard through many different people that there is a contribution here, that is better than anything that OSC offers for Discount coupons. Now, I'm sure I'll need to download your version, but do I just install over the top of my oscommerce-2.2ms2? I have my products backed up, can I use that file to restore, or am I going to have to totally start over again?

Thank you for any information you can give me.

Jewls

kerry
06-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Oh, Jewls,

You will have to do a fresh install, as there are many differences between plain old vanilla osCommerce and the MAX version. MAX includes about a dozen cool contributions pre-installed, including the discount coupons or vouchers.

Get MAX at http://aabox.com/download.php?site=1&file=osc_ms2_max_1_5_5.zip

Kerry

Anonymous
06-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks for letting me know Kerry....Can I use my product back up with MAX??

jewls
06-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks for letting me know Kerry....Can I use my product back up with MAX??OOPS forgot I wasn't logged in..sorry about that!

Jewls

jpf
06-21-2004, 07:25 AM
If you have EasyPopulate installed in your OLD store then EXPORT it then import it back into your new store....

There is a way to MIGRATE an old store to MAX but is not easy....Compare CSV versions of both files and manually update the values in MS2-MAX to have the value from your old store.... MAY BREAK some parts (if you have a contribution in your old store that is not in MAX) but works other wise....

Good Luck!

jewls
06-21-2004, 07:40 AM
If you have EasyPopulate installed in your OLD store then EXPORT it then import it back into your new store....

I don't have EasyPopulate on my old store, is this something that can be added then do the export or should it have been done when I first launched my store?

Thanks for the info!
Jewls

jpf
06-21-2004, 12:46 PM
a) Install EP on to your existing site or do it the hard way -

b) export in phpMyAdmin and modify and compare to the sample and import that in via the same way.

c) It may be possable to export your exisitng DB and use EP to bring it in

d) The really hard way - redo everything from scratch....

Choise is yours - higher a pro if you don't feal good about doing it your self....