PDA

View Full Version : admin session logout

artrat
08-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Aw. I just spent an hour creating an article in the admin panel. When I went to preview it I was logged out of the admin. All is lost. I'm sad.

A really great feature would be for a tiny popup in the admin panel. A little box that warns, Your session is about to expire; click to renew" and nothing is lost in the auto renew.
If you are away from the keyboard then it logs you out after 60 seconds or such....

Aw. This can(has) happen(ed) when filling in products descriptions too...

I am really enjoying this cart, almost ready to abandon zen. Fantastic work.

ridexbuilder
08-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Much better to create extended prose in notepad, then just copy/paste in. Safer than increasing the Admin. timeout too. ;)

artrat
08-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Exactly; increasing the Admin timeout is a bad idea (which was not my suggestion) but adding code to keep one logged in while we are "admin-ing" in front of our computers is not. Refreshing that cookie without having to abandon work, is a time saver- while creating "prose" in a different program is not.
One minute before the timeout, pop-up a small box, which when clicked, tells the system you are still with it, and need to restart the session. There is no lengthening of the session, and no need to open outside programs for a task that the cart is capable of doing itself.

ridexbuilder
08-31-2011, 11:38 PM
Yep. Get coding! :p

pgmarshall
09-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Seems like a very good idea to me - can you add it as a Feature Request for v2.6 and we will take a look at how easy this is to achieve. Regards,

pgmarshall
09-01-2011, 01:27 AM
0000947: Admin session timeout - osCmax Bug Tracking System (http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=947)