PDA

View Full Version : [Images] Banner not showing up in Firefox and Chrome, works in Safari??

Tangwystel
08-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Unplanned Peacock Studio : (http://www.unplannedpeacock.com/catalog)

I just installed OscMax 2.5 RC1 and I'm not quite sure why the banner jpg will not show up in Chrome and Firefox, but works fine in Safari...any ideas?

pgmarshall
08-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Is the file there? You have linked to OSCMAX_top.jpg. The file should be in catalog/templates/your_template/images/. Regards,

Tangwystel
08-05-2011, 05:42 AM
It's there, I just renamed the banner the same as the OSCMAX_top.jpg. I had people on other systems check it and they find the same thing, good in Safari, doesn't work with any other browser.

Also, on templates, I'm using Fallback, because I like it, it is nice and clean. Is it best to use fallback or fallback-html?

http://www.unplannedpeacock.com/catalog/images/OSCMAX_top.jpg

ETA: Huh, when I try to add it here, the same problem.

ETA: SOLVED IT!

Apparently, you have to go back into Photoshop and click "Save for Web", and that saves the file correctly so that it can be shown on multiple platforms.

Who knew?

pgmarshall
08-05-2011, 06:07 AM
You MUST NOT use fallback itself - it is there for the system to fallback on! You need to create a new template folder - call it Peacock (or similar) and then COPY main_page.tpl.php, stylesheet.css and images folder FROM fallback into it. This is then your template ... then if you break something you can switch back to fallback and not have your store offline! Regards,

Tangwystel
08-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Ok, good to know - would it be best to use plain fallback or fallback-html or are they the same?

pgmarshall
08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Fallback is the original version which includes the PHP within the template files.

Fallback-html is a altered version which embeds the PHP with a separate file to allow for a much cleaner main_page.tpl.php file using HTML only ... it all depends what you are comfortable ... they should output exactly the same!

I personally prefer the Fallback version but it is really a matter of preference. If you are more comfortable with HTML use the fallback-html one ...

Regards,