PDA

View Full Version : [Payment Module] Which Payment Method To Use?

niallb
07-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi,
Ive only previously used Paypal to process payments but feel its about time I moved on to stop non-Paypal customers from running away without buying!
Any suggestions on which is the best/easiest for a newbee? My store is UK based if that makes a difference.
I noticed in admin under Useful Links/Merchant Application that we have a partner CDGCommerce, has anyone used them?**Just been to CDG website and they only take US websites, so forget them**
Thanks,
Niall

technophobe
07-19-2011, 09:42 AM
I use sagepay, and they seem to be quite good.
Moving away from paypal was the best move i have done, it made a big difference to my profits.

Hi,
Ive only previously used Paypal to process payments but feel its about time I moved on to stop non-Paypal customers from running away without buying!
Any suggestions on which is the best/easiest for a newbee? My store is UK based if that makes a difference.
I noticed in admin under Useful Links/Merchant Application that we have a partner CDGCommerce, has anyone used them?
Thanks,
Niall

niallb
07-19-2011, 09:53 AM
I use sagepay, and they seem to be quite good.
Moving away from paypal was the best move i have done, it made a big difference to my profits.
Do you not use Paypal at all now?

pgmarshall
07-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I would echo this comment - sagepay purchased protx and are a UK centric company ... I think from memory it is £20 per month for unlimited transactions (although this might have changed). Also I think they can do the offline EPOS terminals if you need them.

Regards,

technophobe
07-19-2011, 11:30 PM
yes i offer it, but only about 20% of transactions are paypal now.

niallb
07-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Thanks guys

niallb
07-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi.
Cant use Sage, I am a sole trader and cant get a merchant account with the banks.
So, looking at paypal payments pro hosting solution (takes care of PCI for me) but I've been told the version on v2.5 is Pro Classic not Hosted.
Can this be added to the payment modules?
Niallb

ridexbuilder
07-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Probably a lot of fun - not! Knowing the fiasco of 'tweaks' used in the current versions. Other payment methods tend to be drop in modules, unlike PayMore stuff.
Amongst the Google hits of people complaining/begging/fretting etc...
osCommerce: PayPal Website Payments Pro (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,7990)