PDA

View Full Version : Can Easypopulate handle price breaks?

dalogar
07-14-2011, 03:44 PM
This is the question, I want to upload a csv file with price breaks, does oscmax's easypopulate support this?

Thank you

ridexbuilder
07-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Appears to handle SPPC but not QBP

dalogar
07-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Yes, finnally I inspected thoroughly the file, and it supports SPPC only, not QPBPP.

I have been working on it, and I've modified easypopulate.php to work with QPBPP, and I think I've got it working quite well. At least for me it works.

If you think it would be interesting to merge it into 2.5 I will share the code. I think it is interesting to get this into 2.5.

pgmarshall
07-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Post into the bugtracker with your code and we will take a look.

Regards,

niallb
07-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Yes, finnally I inspected thoroughly the file, and it supports SPPC only, not QPBPP.

I have been working on it, and I've modified easypopulate.php to work with QPBPP, and I think I've got it working quite well. At least for me it works.

If you think it would be interesting to merge it into 2.5 I will share the code. I think it is interesting to get this into 2.5.

Thats what I like about OSCmax, how people chip in and help it improve/grow. Those who prefer to winge about what they see as faults/mistakes (and they know who they are!) should take note.
My only regret is that I myself am still very much a novice so have not been able to help out, but I appreciate all those who can and do.

dalogar
07-25-2011, 03:25 PM
OK, I have opened an issue in the bugtracker and uploaded my /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php file.

Feel free to modify anything you consider.

P.S.: Thank you for your kind words, niallb. I also think this is the best way to make a project be better, I do what I can!

fourmat
08-09-2011, 06:34 AM
dalogar,

I have gone through your EP modifications from your Bugtracker submission and am wondering a few things about your testing. I have installed the QPBPP for SPPC modification on my older modified version of OSCMax. I am working on incorporating your modifications into my version.

Does the QPBPP also support SPPC?
How many levels of price breaks does this go?

The way that it is populating the columns is a little strange. I have three customer groups, and each group has QPB 2 pricing levels. It appears that EP is pulling the first 2 pricing levels from group1, then pulling the first levels from group2, then it stops. It appears that there are only 3 levels of pricing.

I guess this would work fine for your particular setup if you didn't have a lot of groups or levels. Am I missing something?

Thanks for kick starting this.

Matt

fourmat
08-26-2011, 07:02 AM
I just added a massive rewrite of the EasyPopulate system to the bug tracker with this comment:

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I took the inspiration from what dalogar did in making EP compatible with SPPC and QPBPP and totally rewrote the EP pricing structure.

The problem is that the SPPC section has been limited to only a small number of hard coded customer groups. I have a client who currently has over 20 groups, and will be adding more. Also, the quantity pricing structure doesn't handle variable numbers of price break levels.

In this EP version, I have gone through and created code that will handle all of the customer groups available by querying the customer_groups table, and all of the price break levels specified in the configuration database. I have also simplified EP by removing the out of date froogle features, and some of the features like the custom header tag and ultrapics modifications that aren't being used in OSCM. Those features can easily be added back if needed.

Also this version does not list the customer groups sequentially, and assigns the column header designation for each customer group ID rather than customer_group_id_N, customer_group_id_N+1, etc... . This way, if customer_group_id_2 gets deleted, then the column headers will be customer_group_id_1,customer_group_id_3,customer_g roup_id_4 etc. I have also added a non-uploadable customer_group_name_N column as an easy reference for those who have to update pricing. They won't have t go back and forth to match group ID number to the customer name. There are a lot of columns and it can be a bit confusing to navigate with a lot of groups and price breaks.

I suppose that this is a major fork of the standard EP system versioning, but I believe that it was necessary because of the changes that needed to be made to the pricing to include the new features. If someone wants to combine this version with the standard versioning of current EP build, then they are more than welcome to take the code they need to make it work.

You can find the file here: 0000939: Feature Request:: Make Easypopulate work with QPBPP - osCmax Bug Tracking System (http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=939)

pgmarshall
08-26-2011, 07:38 AM
It may be that we need to fork away from the EP code at the mothership and manually merge in any updates made there to our own version. EP (as highlighted by you and EJ) is hard coded to a max of 4 customer groups + it does not cover all of the fields we need. It is also not multi-lingual. Since you have now posted in the bugtracker the developers will discuss the best way forward - but I am thinking a fork is the best way forward as I don't think there will be any major changes to the core of EP from now on. Thanks for contributing to the community! Regards,

dalogar
11-16-2011, 07:45 PM
dalogar,

I have gone through your EP modifications from your Bugtracker submission and am wondering a few things about your testing. I have installed the QPBPP for SPPC modification on my older modified version of OSCMax. I am working on incorporating your modifications into my version.

The way that it is populating the columns is a little strange. I have three customer groups, and each group has QPB 2 pricing levels. It appears that EP is pulling the first 2 pricing levels from group1, then pulling the first levels from group2, then it stops. It appears that there are only 3 levels of pricing.

I guess this would work fine for your particular setup if you didn't have a lot of groups or levels. Am I missing something?

Matt

Sorry I didn't see your reply until now!

I see you have worked your own way, that's great. REgarding your questions, I suppose now you will know the answers, sorry for not answering before. Yes, my code was limited to 3 price breaks, I did like that for a particular setup of mine. About working with SPPC, I didn't tested, as I didn't need it. But I didn't change anything about SPPC in the code, which is not a warranty for things to work wrong if you use SPPC, I must say.

I hope this is the beginning for a new and good EP system.

Regards

dalogar
11-16-2011, 07:46 PM
dalogar,

Matt

Sorry I didn't see your reply until now!

I see you have worked your own way, that's great. REgarding your questions, I suppose now you will know the answers, sorry for not answering before. Yes, my code was limited to 3 price breaks, I did like that for a particular setup of mine. About working with SPPC, I didn't tested, as I didn't need it. But I didn't change anything about SPPC in the code, which is not a warranty for things to work wrong if you use SPPC, I must say.

I hope this is the beginning for a new and good EP system.

Regards