PDA

View Full Version : price-break-1.11 with ms2-max 1.5.5

fridgemags
06-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Has anyone used the price-break-1.11 mod from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1242/category,all/search,price-break-1.11.zip with ms2-max 1.5.5

I am curious if anyone has gotten this to work and if so how involved is it?

I have a pretty heavily modded site which can be viewed at www.fridgemags.com

I just got it working right and dont want to get in over my head again.

Any info or ideas pleeeasse.

Thanx in advance for all responses.

jpf
06-03-2004, 05:15 AM
I have had a look at it - it gives you a step-by-step instruction of what to look for and what to change it to. Should not be hard to add into MAX

fridgemags
06-03-2004, 05:28 AM
jpf,

The main thing i am worried about is messing up the product_options_attribute code, I am a beginner to php but a quick learner.

Does it look like it would intefere with this mod?

thanx alot for the info

jpf
06-03-2004, 05:47 AM
As I have siad it give a step-by-step instructions. Modify a "test" site (such as LOCALHOST or an alternative directory with a diffent DB on your production server)

BACKUP everything. Make changes - MARK your changes! Just remember to note that some files the code has moved to .tpl.php and change accordingly. If there is code that DOES NOT MATCH 100% and can't figure it out - please post what you have and what your looking for and what it should be changed to.

Test - if does not work - undo changes or RESTORE and try again.

Remember that some code has been added into MAX

Like MS2-MAX code:

this_sub(option_1, option_2, new_mod_option, option_3)

but maybe your looking for OSC standard of:

this_sub(option_1, option_2, option_3)

which has to be change to

this_sub(option_1, option_2, option_3, attrib_option)

thus you need to change it to:

this_sub(option_1, option_2, new_mod_option, option_3, attrib
_option)

Just make a note (php comment is fine - that way it is not passed to browser) of what it was or what was added (and for what) - to keep track if you need to fix anything or add any other mods in the future, and for upgrading also.

Good Luck.