PDA

View Full Version : [Products/Categories] Easy Populate sql error on upload during xsell insertions

MrE03
06-23-2011, 04:27 PM
When trying to upload products, I am trying to insert products and use X-Sell within the EP. However it will uploaded up to a certain point and then throw an error. I tried removing where that specific product threw the sql error and try again, it would work for a couple items uploading and then produce the same error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1)' at line 2

insert into products_xsell (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order) values ( 55, , 1)

pgmarshall
06-23-2011, 11:51 PM
You are missing a variable! Insert into table (x,y,z) values (a,b,c). You are missing b ... I assume this is a data issue. Regards,

MrE03
06-28-2011, 05:03 PM
When you mean by variable, do you mean that the product I'm supposed to insert for x-selling is incorrect or missing? Because it seemed like I inserted all of them correctly unless somehow in the datasheet to upload somehow got messed up in excel

ridexbuilder
06-28-2011, 10:40 PM
got messed up in excel There's your problem... look beyond MS!

met00
06-30-2011, 01:40 AM
insert into products_xsell (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order) values ( 55, , 1)

see the "( 55, , 1)" you have a products_id of 55 and a sort_order of 1. What you are missing is the xsell_id thus the sql query is saying it can't do an insert. I would look to the excel file for that product_id and see if I am missing a field, or have special characters in a field there.

MrE03
06-30-2011, 02:30 AM
see the "( 55, , 1)" you have a products_id of 55 and a sort_order of 1. What you are missing is the xsell_id thus the sql query is saying it can't do an insert. I would look to the excel file for that product_id and see if I am missing a field, or have special characters in a field there.

thanks for in depth explanation on this!

rivervalleydiscount
06-30-2011, 07:12 AM
The last couple of days I have had an issue using EP to import products. Spent a couple of hours last night rooting around and turns out that one of the model numbers contained an invalid character ('). Fixed that and no further problems.

After finally finding it, it was like...DUH! :smash:

Are your model numbers valid?

ridexbuilder
06-30-2011, 07:15 AM
...one of the model numbers contained an invalid character (')
The primary reason for using tab delimited and unquoted text ;)

rivervalleydiscount
06-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Lmao....nothing like that really stupid feeling you get when you finally notice something that is so obvious http://i.oscmax.co/images/smilies/icon_mad.gif

Sometimes the simplest things take the longest to get figured out

ridexbuilder
06-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Aye, "ye cannae change the laws of..." coding. :-D