PDA

View Full Version : can I batch change wholesale group pricing?

Tangwystel
06-16-2011, 08:48 AM
I have my site set up to have 2 groups, wholesale and retail, and I physically typed in each wholesale price. I recently raised my prices, and I changed them on the website using PhpMyAdmin, going through the database. However, I don't seem to be able to change the wholesale prices this way. It would make my life a lot easier if I could just set the wholesale price to be a constant 50% retail across the board and have it automatically populate. Is this a possibility? If not, are there any ways to change the wholesale prices without having to go into each entry in the OSCMax admin panel (I've got hundreds of products, and this would take FOREVER)

pgmarshall
06-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Just use Admin -> Catalog -> EasyPopulate ... download the CSV of your products ... edit in a spreadsheet ... backup your store ... reimport the new data ... job done!

I would suggest using OpenOffice rather than Excel ... but either should work just fine. (Excel on a Mac can be a bit funny).

Regards,

Tangwystel
06-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I have had no luck whatsoever using EP - I can get it to download fine, into the spreadsheet, and then it fails miserably when I re-upload after I have changed everything in the DB. That's why I was using the PHPMyAdmin. I was hoping there was a way to make it automatically update the wholesale when I update the retail by discounting the wholesale 50%.

pgmarshall
06-16-2011, 03:08 PM
EP works fine ... if it didn't we would know about it ... in fact I just tested it and worked for me ... therefore must be a set up issue ...

Are you using Excel or Open Office? Mac or PC? Run me through the steps you are taking to change things ... I find the best approach is to do a complete download ... change the data and then reupload ... sometimes the filtering can create some issues.

Make sure you save back as CSV with none of the junk Excel stuffs in everywhere!

Regards,

ridexbuilder
06-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Note: I don't like the default EP settings: tab-delimited and OpenOffice/LibreOffice all the way. Also, I only upload the required columns, not the whole CSV - no timeout issues etc.
Tens of thousands of products can be handled no problem and a simple spreadsheet formula for price changes.
You do have (unique) product model numbers for all products?

aquapet
06-18-2011, 11:23 AM
I had the same problem - if you download a complete easypop file from the site it will not upload if you use SPPC (retail/wholesale/etc). This is because the easypop does not INSERT enough fields into the TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS - it misses out products_price; products_qty_blocks; products_min_order_qty. I have changed my easypop file so it nows downloads these and uploads them. It is based on the version that only allows 4 seperate price structures and I intended to add the changes to the version that allows more than 4 in the future. It is too large to add as an attachment but I could email it - it replaces easypopulate.php in catalog/admin

ridexbuilder
06-18-2011, 11:34 AM
@aquapet: SVN and bugtracker addresses this.
:banghead:

aquapet
06-18-2011, 11:55 AM
I have seen the SVN 799 but I needed a quick fix to continue testing 2.5 so just moded the exsisting php file so that it worked. As soon as 2.6 arrives with the fixed version I will change it. Just thought it might be useful for anyone else also stuck.

ridexbuilder
06-18-2011, 11:58 AM
I have seen the SVN 799 but I needed a quick fix to continue testing 2.5 so just moded the exsisting php file so that it worked. As soon as 2.6 arrives with the fixed version I will change it. Just thought it might be useful for anyone else also stuck.
Fair enough for you but better to lead someone to an 'official' fix?

aquapet
06-19-2011, 01:20 AM
If there is an official fix coming why wasnt it mentioned in the previous posts? They seem to indicate that all is well with easypopulate but that is only the case when not using SPPC. I am not complaining or having a go - I think the work done by the developers on OscMax is fantastic - I am just trying to give something back!

ridexbuilder
06-19-2011, 01:23 AM
...I am just trying to give something back!
Which is very much appreciated! We need more active community members. :cool:
[I'm probably wrong but thought it was yourself that covered this subject in another post.]

adayinteractive
02-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Hello Aqua Pet,
Do you still have this file available to share by chance? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Brandon

ridexbuilder
02-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Hello Aqua Pet,
Do you still have this file available to share by chance? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Brandon
0001088: EasyPopulate: Consolidation and fork an osCmax specific version - osCmax Bug Tracking System (http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=1088)