PDA

View Full Version : How to get articles to show on a 'Blog' page I made?

Mel
06-02-2011, 05:20 PM
In Admin > configuration > templates > information pages, I created a page called Blog and made it show in the Information menu Infobox.

I then went to Articles > Topics/Articles and created a topic and then wrote an article under the topic.

I then went to configuration > templates > page modules > articles and changed the Module Display Page info from 'index' to 'blog'.

The article does not show on the blog page – just the page heading and a continue button. I tried the url (and parts of it) in the Module Display Page area but nothing works.

The article is published and a link to it does appear in the Article infobox.

How can I make the Articles module show on my blog page? Thanks...

pgmarshall
06-02-2011, 11:49 PM
articles and changed the Module Display Page info from 'index' to 'blog'Unfortunately, this is not how this works! The page module controller pages are:

all: displays on all pages
index: displays on index page
nested: displays on nested products pages
product_info: displays on product page

I left it free format incase people created new page structures as you have tried to do. So how do you get it to work for you?

You will need to tag your blog articles as blogs (and potentially remove from articles section ... then add some code to display the blog posts in the blog page ... it is very doable but I have not spent very long thinking it through.

There may be a better solution at the osCommerce modules with RSS feeds etc.

Maybe worth adding to bug tracker as a feature request for v2.6?

Regards,

Mel
06-02-2011, 11:56 PM
ok thanks for that..

ridexbuilder
06-03-2011, 01:58 AM
A topic called Blogs, with Articles for, say, Current and Archive, along with RSS feed?