PDA

View Full Version : [Mod Request] CC w/ CVV2

schlottke
05-29-2011, 07:15 PM
I use a modified version of this in one of my carts that runs 2.0 for customers who do large purchase orders (they are given a 16 digit code and a 3 digit verification code) - we don't use it for CC purchases.

The version I have running on 2.0 does not show the text areas when installed on 2.5... can someone explain what I need to do to get it up and running on 2.5?

HollyRidge
06-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Its against the terms and conditions of credit card companies as well as merchant contracts to record or even write down the cvv #. In doing this if you get hacked or they find out your merchant contract will be terminated. Anyway not telling you how to run your system, just giving you a heads up.

schlottke
06-15-2011, 08:42 AM
You apparently didnt understand my post.

I use a modified version of this in one of my carts that runs 2.0 for customers who do large purchase orders (they are given a 16 digit code and a 3 digit verification code) - we don't use it for CC purchases.

ridexbuilder
06-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Your post is too vague to analyse. Perhaps you can show some before/after screenshots, if not some URLs.

schlottke
06-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Your post is too vague to analyse. Perhaps you can show some before/after screenshots, if not some URLs.

All it is, is an edited module (text changes only). If the user is a Wholesale customer they have the option to use "Customer Credit Account" (instead of CC w/CVV2).

When selected, they are confronted with the options:

PO Account Number (a 16 digit # given to them by our sales reps)
PO Account Verification Code: (a 3 digit # given to them by our sales team)

So I just need a working CC w/CVV2 to modify again for 2.5..

Does that make more sense?

ridexbuilder
06-15-2011, 09:14 AM
A 'straight' install in 2.5, with fallback template appears OK.

schlottke
06-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Could you link to the addon you used or attach it for download?

I checked for errors and couldn't find one in my edits (I just copied over the one from 2.0 though so maybe I was using a slightly older version there)

Glad it is working though.. means we're close.

As always, many thanks

ridexbuilder
06-15-2011, 10:01 AM
That's the CC module supplied with 2.5 ( svn1458 )

Rogar
08-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi, I'm not sure what happened to this thread as to me it still appears unanswered?, but I'm also looking for a CC w/ CVV2, basically the picture above shows where a customer can enter a name / card number / exp date but doesn't allow the customer to enter a 3 digit code (found on the back of the card). Any thoughts or am I missing something?

I;m using the contrib which comes with 2.5, however, again, I can't input CVV numbers?