PDA

View Full Version : quick links like google drag drop feature!

blackhawk
05-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Just thought of a hot idea for quick links when you log into the admin of oscmax. What about a jquery re-order by dragging feature? something simular to gmail - how you can you drag one email above or below the following e-mail?

Then clients can sort / order their quick links however they want

Just a thought

bh

pgmarshall
05-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Why not just use the sort order it come with?

Regards,

blackhawk
05-12-2011, 03:25 AM
oh I do. I think thats great. In regards to my original post, it was just an idea which could save the user from one more step of clicking the quick links link in-order to sort. Instead they would log in once and then be able to drag their order of quick links right away.

maximilian
03-08-2012, 01:03 PM
oh I do. I think thats great. In regards to my original post, it was just an idea which could save the user from one more step of clicking the quick links link in-order to sort. Instead they would log in once and then be able to drag their order of quick links right away.

I have just started getting into jquery and I like this idea of dragging and dropping, it is more of a fun, interactive approach for those using the site.

blackhawk
03-09-2012, 03:34 AM
I have just started getting into jquery and I like this idea of dragging and dropping, it is more of a fun, interactive approach for those using the site.

I agree and think "fun" is key here, especially when someone new is looking for a great e-store solution and never heard of oscmax. When they log into the admin, something fun just may get them hooked ;) :dog:

michael_s
03-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Anyone that thinks dragging icons on a screen is fun needs to get out more!

I don't think dragging and dropping elements has much of a wow factor anymore - it is pretty much everywhere.

If you are thinking from a convenience standpoint, I agree. It would be a nice feature to have.