PDA

View Full Version : [Core Hack] Adding email address and phone number to Order Email

ozdunker
05-08-2011, 04:49 PM
How can I add the email address and phone number to the order email.

We require these details on the order email, so that this information can be recorded on the postage for tracking purposes.

Is there an on/off button somewhere? Or is a mod required?

ozdunker
05-13-2011, 03:48 AM
any ideas here? please :)

pgmarshall
05-13-2011, 07:56 AM
The email is constructed in catalog/checkout_process.php

Look around line 371:

// lets start with the email confirmationRegards,

ozdunker
06-06-2011, 09:14 AM
This is really annoying that this isnt a feature. How do other people take the order information and put it into an online postage system. I copy and paste the details from the order email, not having the email address means I then have to log into the admin system to recover it.

pgmarshall
06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Did you even try and change the code?

Regards,

pgmarshall
06-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I am going to assume you are using the send extra email to functionality ...

Change:

// send emails to other people
if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
}

to

// send emails to other people
if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
$email_order2 = $email_order . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . $order->customer['email_address'];
tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order2, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
}

Should work - not tested though.

Regards,

ozdunker
06-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi

Yes I did spend a couple of hours looking at the code and other mods on the net. But they seemed two complex for me, or were several years old and i didnt want to change to older code incase it wrecked something else.

There are numerous requests for having these two items added to the order emails.

I use the extra email functionalitly to send copies of the order to the person who will send out the orders, however they need the email address and phone number particularly for international orders. I dont want that other person logging into the admin section of the store.

On the order email, it would be great to have the delivery address and then directly underneath, email address and phone number. I am not sure what you refer to above is going to do that.

pgmarshall
06-07-2011, 02:06 AM
No it will not put the address in - what I posted will do what you initially asked for! - add the email address in the duplicate email! We are going to be potentially creating customisable email templates for v2.6 - However, I am also going to review the email output of osCmax prior to the stable release so I will put this on the list of things to consider. Regards,