PDA

View Full Version : Let's port Custom PC Creator 2.0 BETA mod to MS2-MAX

damnedpig
05-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi guys.
I need to make Custom PC Creator 2.0 BETA work in my store.
1º get it at this url

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1487/category,all/search,creator

U can see a demo of it at this url

http://www.fastlanecomputers.ca/build.php

-----

Well, the script is for standard oscommerce installation, so i had lot of problems trying to make it work (following instructions).
I know the cause, of course, all the modifications the ms2-max dev team did to the original ms2, BTS, etc. so I'll start with the 1º instruction:

-----

1. At line 134 in /catalog/account_history_info.php replace the following lines

echo ' <tr>' . "\n" .
' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "\n" .
' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

with

// BEGIN CHANGE CUSTOM PC CREATOR
if ($order->products[$i]['name'] == "Custom Built Computer"){
$desc_query = tep_db_query("select products_description from products_description where products_id ='" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "'");
$desc = tep_db_fetch_array($desc_query);
echo ' <tr>' . "\n" .
' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "\n" .
' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '<small><i>' . $desc['products_description'] . '</i></small>';
}else{
echo ' <tr>' . "\n" .
}

// END CHANGE CUSTOM PC CREATOR

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As u can see, catalog/account_history_info.php does not have 134 lines, and i dont know where that code went or how it changed, so would u guys from dev team help me to make this 1º replacement?

Thanks a lot in advance. Sorry 4 so long post

damnedpig
06-01-2004, 08:08 AM
*bump*

any help in this?
i got some mails from some ppl telling me if i could do this...
thanks... sorry 4 bothering

peteyg
06-01-2004, 05:55 PM
well chances are if you have the max installation then the file you are looking for is account_history_info.tpl.php in your templates/content dir i believe. You will have some diggin to do to find those exact lines because it will not be at line 134 like it said.

damnedpig
06-01-2004, 06:23 PM
well chances are if you have the max installation then the file you are looking for is account_history_info.tpl.php in your templates/content dir i believe. You will have some diggin to do to find those exact lines because it will not be at line 134 like it said.
ovbious...
i know that BTS has modified a lot the script...
that's why i decided to look 4 help...
so, thanks peteyq for the info, will continue this thread as troubles go ;)

jpf
06-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Have you looked in account_history_info.tpl.php around line 74

echo ' <tr>' . "\n" .

Took me 30 sec to find.

harpon
08-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi, hopefully i can get some answers to CCC too. I made all the changes to the .tpl.php files as well as admin files, etc.. and i think it's all okay, my problem is making the build.tpl.php page. If you know what i mean, let me know i could really use this mod and it's just the template confusing me.

If anyone has integrated the CCC mod, please post instructions. Thanks in advance!

damnedpig
08-02-2004, 02:34 PM
i declined with the idea to integrate this mod:
i get messed with the code (yea, newbie)
and it gives me lot of errors...

if u get it to work plz post the tasks 2 make it work... thanks

cadalist
07-16-2006, 09:05 AM
I am looking at ocsmax because it has all the features I am looking for except for one. I really need Custom PC Creator because I am a computer dealer. I already have it setup on my site working using the stock oscommerce. Are there any plans on porting this over soon? I would really like to use ocsmax but need this contribution as a necessity. You guys did an outstanding job.

If worse comes to worse I guess I could link to my custom pc link and just share the same msql database.

I haven't tried porting it over myself yet because it seems really difficult based on the posts.

Anybody have any luck with porting this module over yet?

thanks