PDA

View Full Version : Does UPS rate quote work?

nfmg
05-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi All,

I don't get any UPS quotes when running an order through checkout. I have a zip code set in Configuration --> Shipping/packaging -->Postal code. Product has a non-zero weight. I turned on the "debug" email in the UPS module includes/modules/shipping/ups.php so that it will send the results of the UPS query to me as an email.

The results are * empty.

I also read that this place on UPS isn't maintained anymore and that now they need an XML formatted query.

Does the UPS thing work?

I hope somebody can please help me out with this. I've looked through the forums and can't seem to find anything that gives me a clue about what to do.

Thanks,
Tim

Anonymous
05-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Can someone point me to a post that explains how it works? I don't Understand!!!

nfmg
06-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Hi All,

Does the UPS rate quote module work?

What do you need to do to get it to work? Right now it isn't able to retrieve a quote.

Tvb

nfmg
06-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Hi All,

Well, I tried the UPS quote on the other Max cart I am setting up, and it works fine...I don't get it. It doesn't retrieve any info at all on the www.journeymanline.com site. (In development, go ahead and test, just use tester as a customer name)

Has anyone else run into this problem?

These guys use UPS all the time so I have to get this figured out somehow.

-TVb

michael_s
06-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Are they firewalled? Blocking ports? That is what I would check first...

nfmg
06-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks for getting back to me!

Sorry to be dense, but, is who firewalled? You mean me? The one who is testing the cart?
Why would MS2Max, running on the Web server, care if I have a firewall with regard to getting quotes from UPS?

Or do you mean is the Web server firewalled?

Thanks!

Tvb

nfmg
06-28-2004, 11:33 AM
I have found that the UPS rate quote works on one of my other MAX carts. I guess it must be a hosting issue, but I wonder what it could be. The problem host is Dotster's hosting(....seemed like a good deal at the time).

Tim