PDA

View Full Version : UPS and free shipping for ground option only

puddlez
12-30-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm trying to set up a store such that UPS ground shipping is free while other options will have a cost. UPS XML is fully set up. This is for OSCMax v2.0.25. I did find a thread here http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-v1-7-discussion/4194-please-help-ups-ground-free-other-options-cost-money.html and tried to follow along, but was not successful. I can't figure out how using Item Shipping as suggested connects with the UPS XML piece such that the store "knows" to

1. offer free shipping if UPS Ground
2. charge a fee per UPS XML module if any other shipping method is selected

If I've missed this anywhere in the forums I'm sorry and would appreciate a push in the right direction. I do know an angel who is very well versed in this (aside from being a great friend) but it is a holiday time and hoping to give him a break.

ridexbuilder
12-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Copy flat rate shipping module (flat.php) to use as a template for fug.php (Free UPS Ground).
Edit both the language file and actual shipping module and replace flat/FLAT with fug/FUG
Edit the text in the language file to something more appropriate egs. UPS Ground, Free!!
Go to Admin, Modules, Shipping and Install the module
Set order to 10 (first in line, if others 20,30 etc.) and cost to 0

Done
:):scholar:

puddlez
12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
It seems the angel that was supposed to be enjoying his holiday was peeking anyway... Thanks!!! :)