PDA

View Full Version : USPS Methods - Priority Mail Threshold Question

GPMaina
09-30-2010, 10:43 AM
I have just finished installing UPSP Methods 4_3_2 Shipping Module in OscMax 2_0_4. (Yes, I promise to upgrade to 2_0_25 as soon as I can find the time.) The USPS Methods module appears to be working properly and displaying the correct shipping costs and delivery times - all very nice nice.

The question I have has to do with the Domestic Priority Mail Threshold settings. The edit module contains the following instructions:

Domstic Priority Mail Threshold
If the total weight is between 0lb and 2lbs, Standard is used. Between 1lb and 3lbs, Flat-Rate is used, etc. TYPES CONTROLLED SEPARATELY, ALL USED.

All Priority types have a weight limit of 70lbs.

0 lbs < Flat-Rate Envelope < 70 lbs
0 lbs < Flat-Rate Box < 70 lbs
0 lbs < Standard Priority < 70 lbs

I am probably overlooking something very simple, but I am confused by both the instructions and the options array.

For example: the instructions indicate that: "If the total weight is between 0lb and 2lbs, Standard is used. Between 1lb and 3lbs, Flat-Rate is used, etc."

I usually ship in 1-unit quantities using Standard Priority Mail. The total shipping weight is 1 lb 8 oz (1.5 lbs).

Since 1.5lbs is < 2lbs (i.e. Standard Priority, my preferred method) and 1.5lbs is also > 1lb and < 3lbs (i.e. Flat-Rate) - which rate will be selected? And if I ship 2 units at just over 3lbs... what gets selected? Or does USPS do all this automatically - maybe the lowest rate? Or does it have something to do with the weigh limit settings?

If you can point me in the right direction or provide a link to the proper documentation for these settings it would be greatly appreciated.

(I have already checked the forum archive, the osCMax wiki and addons.oscommerce.com - but so far no luck.)

Thanks...
GEORGE

ridexbuilder
09-30-2010, 01:09 PM
(I have already checked the forum archive, the osCMax wiki and addons.oscommerce.com - but so far no luck.)
Have we been nagging folks? :rolleyes::silenced:

[Sorry, I can't help you on this one.]

GPMaina
10-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I am confused... didn't think I was nagging... :confused:

Does anyone else have any thoughts on how the USPS Methods Modules uses the threshold settings? (please see my original post for details).

Thanks...

GEORGE

pgmarshall
10-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I am confused... didn't think I was nagging...

Don't worry it is not you! Ridex is known for chastising people for not reading the wiki! He was merely remarking that his nagging was finally paying off!

As for UPS ... not one I have used so can not help. Sorry!

Regards,