PDA

View Full Version : New Socket Errors

josemanuel
07-19-2010, 04:19 AM
Hello,

I have had an active site producing business. However, this past week, something changed. The Paypal WPP module seems to be returning the error "error 7: socket error: 111".

I am hosted on Godaddy, but I did not change anything, and it was working properly. I contacted Godaddy, and they said that they did not change anything on their side.

Has anyone else been experiencing this with Paypal WPP?

Thanks.

ridexbuilder
07-19-2010, 04:36 AM
What version of 'Max are you running?
Could it be that you've been hacked?

josemanuel
07-19-2010, 05:32 AM
I am still using oscmax 2.0. I cannot upgrade due to the amount of customized files we have in the site. However, we have patched holes left and right.

As for possible hacking, it is always possible, but the files related to this situation are untouched, so it is unlikely.

I saw a posting on a zencart forum that seemed to indicate that the problem popped up recently for someone else there, (7) socket error: 111 -- Express Checkout - Zen Cart Support (http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=910346#post910346) , at this same time that I have the identical issue.

My settings are correct in my files, and they are the same as they were last month when everything worked fine.

I think it is more likely that Paypal has changed something, or perhaps Godaddy has, but the tech I spoke to did not find the information.

Does anyone else here use the Paypal WPP feature, and if so, can you check if it is working properly for you?

ridexbuilder
07-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Version will be 2.0.xxxx
One of my clients is uses WPP but UK version (I assume that you are US), so will be different. May well be a PayPal issue.

josemanuel
07-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Okay, so the problem seems to be solved. I could be a noob and leave it at that, but in the interest of the community, here is the apparent solution:

It seems that Godaddy, unbeknownst to the man who tried to help me, has changed the settings and no longer requires a separate entry for the Proxy. I cleared that line and in the settings, and it fixed the problem.

ridexbuilder
07-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for sharing.

greg.forquer
07-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Where is this proxy setting? I cannot find it, and I am having the exact same problem.

Thanks

Greg