PDA

View Full Version : stock not getting substracted

4g3nt0r4ng3
06-26-2010, 10:19 AM
i just switched from standard osc to oscmax because osc wasnt substracting the stocks and i had many oversales
now after 3 days of work i added the first products and tested the checkout process

and guess what - the stock doesnt get substracted again

i tested with paypal ipn, paypal standard and paypal credit/debit card

stock substraction is enabled

i didnt modified oscmax alot, only the customer details

does anyone have a clue what is going wrong?

thanks in advance

michael_s
06-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Unable to reproduce the issue using Paypal IPN + stock tracking on.

I started with a product with 100 items in inventory. I ordered 10 and completed the full checkout via paypal including the IPN from paypal. Inventory for the product was properly reduced to 90 items.

Note that if the IPN is not received from paypal (paypal payment confirmed from paypal), the items will not be removed from stock.

4g3nt0r4ng3
06-26-2010, 12:28 PM
i used paypal sandbox and competed any order with redirection to the local checkout so the order got confirmed

is tax, weight or anything like that involved in stock substraction?
because im selling virtuell goods i am leaving this field unused

michael_s
06-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Well, there is your problem. You cannot track stock on virtual goods - they are virtual thus no stock can exist.

You can only track stock on real goods, since there is no point of tracking stock on something that cannot be stocked. The way you get around this is to set a weight for the item. Then it will be treated as a real item and stock will be tracked.

4g3nt0r4ng3
06-26-2010, 04:57 PM
hmmm so the weight should be the problem causer.. i will check that tomorrow, im too drunk now XD

4g3nt0r4ng3
06-27-2010, 06:37 AM
i have added weight, dimensions and even a 0% tax class and still nothing gets substracted
any more ideas?

michael_s
06-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Could be anything as I cannot reproduce it on a clean install. I suggest you do a second, unmodified clean install of osCmax and do the following:

1. add 1 product with quantity set to 100 and weight set to 1.

Paypal settings:
Make sure to connect to the paypal sandbox.

2. Enable the "Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal)" module only.
3. Set the Set Preparing Order Status to Preparing [PayPal IPN]
4. Set the Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status to Preparing [PayPal IPN]
5. Set the Set PayPal Completed Order Status to Delivered
6. Set the Transaction Type to Aggregate

Shipping settings:
7. Enable the flat rate shipping module and set it to $1.00

Under Admin >> Configuration >> Stock

8. Make sure Check Stock Level is true
9. Make sure Subtract Stock is true
10. Make sure Allow Checkout is set to false
11. Mark product Out of Stock is true

Once you have all those settings identical to above, go through the checkout process, and complete an order for 10 of your test product. Complete the transaction fully, and make sure that your store can properly receive the IPN from paypal. You will be able to check this after you complete the order at paypal by logging into your admin panel and checking the order status. If the order status is not set to Delivered after you complete the purchase at paypal, your site is not able to receive the IPN from paypal, and that is your problem. Your site never gets the IPN, so it never completes that checkout, including adjusting stock. Until you get your site permissions correct to receive the IPN, it will not work.

4g3nt0r4ng3
06-27-2010, 12:55 PM
thanks alot, i think you just saved me alot of time
im hosting with an offshore/bulletproof hoster and it seems that the ipn confirmation isnt getting through
i just wrote a big support ticket with alot of issues and hopefully they will fix all of them within the next days, otherwise i will get a new hoster

thanks alot for your time and your detailed response
i will stay with oscmax and will get back here regularly
my threads in the osc forum still arent answerd as detailed and as fast as you did, thats the main reason for me to choose a script: support

thanks again and keep up the good work

i will reply to this thread if any issue like that will continue