PDA

View Full Version : category Icons with links on the main page

CMWM
03-29-2004, 08:56 AM
I know this has been discussed and I have seen a few sites that have done it but after much searching I cannot find how to do it.

I want to put the category pictures under my basic information on my first page. (in 3 columns) I like the way they come up when you select a category but would like it to be easier for the customers to find the stuff for sale.

John

CMWM
04-06-2004, 07:02 AM
OK I figured it out. For all of those of us who are low tech this worked well but might not for a large page. I wanted to have the icons for my product categories on my mainpage (index page). I tried working with php but I am not good with this and so I reverted to html. I went to the page in my store that showed the categories I was looking for, saved it on my computer through the browser and opened it to edit in Dreamweaver. After copying what I needed from the page I pasted it to the mainpage.php where I wanted it. I fixed the picture pathways with find and replace and it worked.

For those of you who are so much more sophisticated in your approach I am sorry for this low tech, inellegant solution but it worked for me :)