PDA

View Full Version : Payment (and other module) Documentation

zizzor.com
03-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I have looked all over the oscommerce site and I have started scouring this site as well.

I need to write a custom payment module. I have encountered MANY other people saying "Can somebody point me to some documentation" regarding this subject. Nobody ever even responds.

If there is a specification for this and other modules, I should be able to find it. Why would they be called MODULES if there is no specification for user designed ones?

Yes, I know, I can spend hours digging around in other people's code. I can try to hack though all of the crap that is all just a hack of one module. There is little rhyme or reason to some of the payment modules because they just hacked somebody else's code. I don't want to hack code until it works, I want some documentation.

jpf
03-23-2004, 09:34 AM
There is no OSC documentation anywhere on how to create a module....that is cause each module could be totally diffenet. Each shipping method or PAYMENT gateway requires differnet things and processes it differnet ways. The only way it to take a simple existing module then using PHP PROGRAMING to create your interface.

It is like your asking: "I want to create a custom application for Windows/Lunix/OSX/Java(or other platform) that does (insert your discription of new application here) - where is there a step-by-step guide to do exactly what I want?" there is not such thing - FOR ANY PROGRAMING LANGUAGE. Sure there is books that show you how to make a certain (small) application - but I would guest that is not the application you acually want to make.

Every type of module in OSC has a SAMPLE that shows the basic API (if you could call it that) that gets and send the required data TO AND FROM OSC. It does not go over the number of differnet ways it can connect to and talk to OTHER software/gateways/websites etc... (as that would require ESP and/or combing the internet on everthing on php/.net/java/C#/CSS/html etc...). You would have to look at the payment gateway's API or what ever they provide and then MAKE/program your OWN interface/conversion in PHP to do what you want for OSC.

Assuming you have some basic programing skills - Suggested reading:

Web Database Applications with PHP & MySQL from O'Reilly & Associates

Other books:
Web Application Development with PHP 4.0 - Contains Official Zend API Documentation - New Riders Publishing
PHP 4 Developer's Guide - Osborne McGraw-Hill
PHP Cookbook - O'Reilly & Associates

If you have no programing background then I would suggest taking a 'INTRO TO PROGRAMING' (even if it is Basic, C+/C# or just therory) cource at your local night school/collage/academy or even online or one of the "For Dummies" series (like "Beginning Programming for Dummies", "PHP & MySQL for Dummies" or "PHP 5 for Dummies " - all from John Wiley & Sons) would be a good start.

I am not saying that PHP is hard to modify - just that if you want to do some heavy programing (say a new payment/shipping module) - you have to know some programming and learn how PHP AND HTML works. PHP is easy to make small modifications for the novice or begginer - However for advaced user the API is shown and can demotrated how it works - but the rest is up to you. This is NORMAL for ANY API (I have worked with Crystal Report's API, Accpac's API, Adagio's API - which at best give you a basic application and list the variable that can be passed). All the rest is up to the PROGRAMER and the language in use.

Even if you have a command discription(anything in the php language and MySQL commands) or variable list (which would be all variable in OSC and many thing stored in MySQL) handy for the API - it would still not help you program something.

If you have a specific question on how to use a coomand or what variable name is then I or others could help abit better.

Sorry that this is a bit long and maybe a bit off topic - just tired of people asking such a broad question and not knowing the scope of it. I hope this may help you and others that ask the same or simular questions.

Short version:

Question: How do I program in PHP and MySQL within OSC

Answer: Learn PHP and MySQL and follow the examples in OSC

There is nothing like the naked truth.

zizzor.com
03-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Wow, what a long-winded informational, and completely useless (to me) reply.

I am a developer. I ABSOLUTELY did NOT ask for any help in writing code, I did not ask a stupid question like "How do I make my gateway thingy work?"

What I asked for was the OSCommerce module specification, (Because I know there is no API)

There has to be a module specification even if it is not documented because the modules are not stand alone code, they are intimately conneced to OSCommerce's shopping cart code.

Even a simple flowchart outlining at what stage which functions are called and what oscommerce expects to get back from them would be enough to start with.

Naked Truth be told, I have been asked to retract what I think of your post.

michael_s
03-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Here is the phpxref for osCommerce: http://www.oscdox.com/crossx/nav.html?index.php.html

That should get you started. Take a look at some of the payment modules. Also look at the checkout process files. You will see the wide array of constuction methods used by the modules.

zizzor.com
03-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Thank you for the pointer.

Sadly, I already read those class definitions. They provide even less information than examining the actual module code.

Yes, I am *****y, but I'm willing to do my share to make this stuff right. Criticism that leads to change is just as much of a contribution as code.

I will do my part, is there a development effort toward documentation I can join? Documenting these methods (with help from the authors) will give me all the information I'm looking for and contribute to all the other people asking the same questions I have.

michael_s
03-23-2004, 10:33 PM
zizzor.com, the docs are an open Wiki. Click the oscdox guide link in the left column of this site.

If you want to add to it, all you have to do is make a new page and start typing. :) I welcome any documentation that you can add to the project.

zizzor.com
03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Alright...... now that we've established where the incomplete docs are and how I can contribute to them........

Who is willing to help me understand the way payment modules are tied to the OSC code so I don't have to keep reverse engineering the whole shopping cart?

Any voulenteers?

Any leads?

Should I start shoulder tapping contribution authors?

EDD2225
03-24-2004, 08:56 PM
I have been looking into this.

Here are my newbie thoughts, please be constructive.

<?php
/*
THIS IS EXAMPLE CODE ONLY!!!
I have never programmed in PHP and this is 'best guess only' hack.

$Id: EMOcorp.php,v 0.1beta 2004/03/25 19:57:15 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Released under the GNU General Public License

Goal is to take the following web form and convert it into a web payment modual for oscommerce.

<form action="https://www.emocorp.com/s/action/PaymentAction" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="merchant_email" value="[email protected]">
<input type="hidden" name="merchant_name" value="My Business Name">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="34.39">
<input type="hidden" name="reference" value="2 face decals Plus S & H">
<input type="hidden" name="return_url" value="http://www.MyWebAddress.com">
<input name="" type="image" src="https://www.emocorp.com/resources/ui/skins/default/images/pay_emo.gif">
</form>

We are modifying the paypal payment modual for our interface.

Here are some variables being used below.
MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS switch used to turn modual on and off.
MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID email address used by paypal
MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY currency you are paid in
MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE Shipping zone variable
MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID Sounds like a pending ID variable or final
MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER Determins where in list this payment option sets.
The above variables are set into the database by the install function below.

I would suggest modifying the word PAYPAL in the above variable to some other Payment processors name.
For my purpose EMOCORP should work.

*/

// References to paypal need to be changed
// I could be wrong on the terminology but this seems to be setting up some structured variable.
// Reminds me of C language.
//Probably change 'paypal' to 'emocorp'
class paypal {
var $code, $title, $description, $enabled;

// class constructor
// This seems to be defining the variables in the structure.
// again change PAYPAL to EMOCORP

function paypal() {
global $order;

$this->code = 'paypal';
$this->title = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE;
$this->description = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
$this->sort_order = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER;
$this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

if ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID > 0) {
$this->order_status = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID;
}

if (is_object($order)) $this->update_status();

// This is the link that will need to be changed to...
// 'https://www.emocorp.com/s/action/PaymentAction' to process transaction.
$this->form_action_url = 'https://secure.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';
}

// class methods
function update_status() {
global $order;

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE > 0) ) {
$check_flag = false;
$check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->billing['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {
if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {
$check_flag = true;
break;
} elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->billing['zone_id']) {
$check_flag = true;
break;
}
}

if ($check_flag == false) {
$this->enabled = false;
}
}
}

function javascript_validation() {
return false;
}

function selection() {
return array('id' => $this->code,
'module' => $this->title);
}

function pre_confirmation_check() {
return false;
}

function confirmation() {
return false;
}

// This is where the magic happens. When customer clicks to submit payment, the will be redirected to payment companies web site.

function process_button() {
global $order, $currencies, $currency;

// this appears to be for compatibility of multiple currencies.
if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY == 'Selected Currency') {
$my_currency = $currency;
} else {
$my_currency = substr(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY, 5);
}
if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD'))) {
$my_currency = 'USD';
}

// these are the strings and variables to be passed to the payment website
$process_button_string = tep_draw_hidden_field('cmd', '_xclick') .
tep_draw_hidden_field('business', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID) .
tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME) .
tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .
tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .
tep_draw_hidden_field('currency_code', $my_currency) .
tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL')) .
tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

return $process_button_string;
}

/*
sample paypal html web form for comparison purpose
<form name="_xclick" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="[email protected]">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Teddy Bear">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="12.99">
<input type="image" src="http://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but01.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">

</form>

Looking above we can see that 'input type="hidden" ' lines are converted into tep_draw_hidden_field commands().

The question is how does the script know where to send the tep_draw_hidden_field commands()to.

The answer should be "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr".
This can be found up at the top defined in the line '$this->form_action_url'

*/

// Theory is that this is used to process the payment before sending payment??
function before_process() {
return false;
}

// Theory is that this is used to handle payment clean up details such as notifying shopping cart payment is confirmed(If possible).
function after_process() {
return false;
}

// Probably to detect failed pament transaction of some sort.
function output_error() {
return false;
}

function check() {
if (!isset($this->_check)) {
$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS'");
$this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
}
return $this->_check;
}

// This is obviously setup configuration in the administration
function install() {
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable PayPal Module', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to accept PayPal payments?', '6', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('E-Mail Address', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID', '[email protected]', 'The e-mail address to use for the PayPal service', '6', '4', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Transaction Currency', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY', 'Selected Currency', 'The currency to use for credit card transactions', '6', '6', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Selected Currency\',\'Only USD\',\'Only CAD\',\'Only EUR\',\'Only GBP\',\'Only JPY\'), ', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display.', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Zone', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.', '6', '2', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID', '0', 'Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");
}

// Obviously to remove this payment option once installed.
function remove() {
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
}

// Unknown??
function keys() {
return array('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER');
}
}
?>

zizzor.com
03-25-2004, 11:50 AM
The function process_button() actually creates a completed web form ready for posting to $action_url and returns it to checkout_confirmation.php

So when you click "confirm order" the form data prepared in process_button() is then submitted to the $action_url

The biggest problem I am having is that my transaction server returns a text string that needs to be processed. My browser just stops at the action url displaying it's return string. Other payment modules seem to capure that data, and redirect to checkout_confirmation.php with it, but I haven't figured out how yet.

zizzor.com
03-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Okay, I figured out (by looking at many modules process_button() ) that there is nothing mysterious here, the form post is passing a url to the transaction server that tells it where to send it's results to. ( checkout_process.php )

Time to dig into the transaction server specs.

Now my next question is what format do the return values to checkout_process.php need to be? Do I need to make an intermediate file for parsing that redirects to checkout_process.php when it's done?

zizzor.com
03-25-2004, 12:37 PM
It looks like what I'm looking for is called a postback feature from my transaction server.

My transaction server does have a postback feature, however it is strange, tightly wound to their own proprietary shopping cart, and has to be enabled and configured via the virtual terminal interface.

This doesn't make for a good module, so here's my plan.

Change the action url to a local file that will handle communications with the transaction server and parsing the ugly return string. This file will then post the appropriate values to checkout_process.php

Does this throw up any red flags for anybody? Am I over looking anything?

Anybody familiar with how the payment module methods before_process() and after_process() are integrated here? When are they called and by who? What are they passed?

EDD2225
03-25-2004, 09:07 PM
zizzor.com: I beleive you are two steps ahead of me.

I did some more playing and here is lamer tips.

filename EMOcorp.php won't work.
renamed to emocorp.php and then it started working.

In admin payment modules EMOcorp would appear but I could not install.

after some fiddling I was happy to find success.
I had made another mistake and tried to make the return back to the payment page instead of the process page.

paypal looks like it has the nice feature to correctly return to the requested URL based on successfull or unsuccessful payment.

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL')) .
tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

If the window doesn't return to Process then the transaction just stays in cart and you get no notification that payment was made.

I think I am now stuck where zizzor.com is.
how to error check the return.

For low traffice it can be done manually.

but computers are here to automate

This is EMO's procedure..

III. Payment Result Notification
If the 'notification_url' parameter was submitted the EMO system will try to make a HTTP post to the specified URL. The values of all fields that were originally submitted to the EMO Payment system will be included in this post. In addition to the fields that were submitted by the merchant, the EMO server will post three additional fields: transaction_status, transaction_num, and payer_email.
Field name Field Description
transaction_status COMPLETED if the transaction completed successfully.
INVALID if there was an error while processing the transaction.
transaction_num The EMO transaction number for the merchant account.
payer_email The customer e-mail associated with his/her EMO account.
In case the post fails because the specified host is unreachable, or the merchant server is not configured properly the EMO system will try to repost the notification again within 2 sec, then 4, 8, 16, 32 sec etc until a status of "200 OK" is received in the HTTP response. If the system was unable to make a successful post for 24 hours, it will send the notification to the merchant by e-mail and will cease its attempts to post the result.
If the 'notification_url' parameter was not specified, notification of the result of the payment will be sent immediately to the merchant's e-mail address.

Now I am stumped. Some examples would be nice.

EDD2225
03-25-2004, 09:13 PM
<?php
/*
$Id: emocorp.php,v 0.2beta 2004/03/25 19:57:15 hgv Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Released under the GNU General Public License

THIS IS EXAMPLE CODE ONLY!!!
I have never programmed in PHP and this is 'best guess only' hack.

We are modifying the paypal payment modual for our interface.

Here are some variables being used below.
MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_STATUS switch used to turn modual on and off.
MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ID email address used by emocorp
MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_BUSINESSNAME Added this for Bussiness name field in form post
MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_CURRENCY currency you are paid in
MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ZONE Shipping zone variable
MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ORDER_STATUS_ID Sounds like a pending ID variable or final
MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_SORT_ORDER Determins where in list this payment option sets.
The above variables are set into the MySQL database by the install function below.

*/

class emocorp {
var $code, $title, $description, $enabled;

// class constructor
// This seems to be defining the variables in the structure.

function emocorp() {
global $order;

$this->code = 'emocorp';
$this->title = MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_TEXT_TITLE;
$this->description = MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
$this->sort_order = MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_SORT_ORDER;
$this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

if ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ORDER_STATUS_ID > 0) {
$this->order_status = MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ORDER_STATUS_ID;
}

if (is_object($order)) $this->update_status();

// This is the link that will need to be changed to...
// 'https://www.emocorp.com/s/action/PaymentAction' to process transaction.
$this->form_action_url = 'https://www.emocorp.com/s/action/PaymentAction';
}

// class methods
function update_status() {
global $order;

// again change EMOCORP to EMOCORP
if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ZONE > 0) ) {
$check_flag = false;
$check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->billing['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {
if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {
$check_flag = true;
break;
} elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->billing['zone_id']) {
$check_flag = true;
break;
}
}

if ($check_flag == false) {
$this->enabled = false;
}
}
}

function javascript_validation() {
return false;
}

function selection() {
return array('id' => $this->code,
'module' => $this->title);
}

function pre_confirmation_check() {
return false;
}

function confirmation() {
return false;
}
//100

// This is where the magic happens. When customer clicks to submit payment, the will be redirected to payment companies web site.

function process_button() {
global $order, $currencies, $currency;

// this appears to be for compatibility of multiple currencies.
if (MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_CURRENCY == 'Selected Currency') {
$my_currency = $currency;
} else {
$my_currency = substr(MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_CURRENCY, 5);
}
if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD'))) {
$my_currency = 'USD';
}

// these are the strings and variables to be passed to the payment website
// <input type="hidden" name="merchant_email" value="[email protected]">
$process_button_string = tep_draw_hidden_field( 'merchant_email',MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ID) .

// <input type="hidden" name="merchant_name" value="My Business Name">
tep_draw_hidden_field('merchant_name', MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_BUSINESSNAME) .

// Two important variable to pass to payment processor
// $order->info['total'] total amount of order

// <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="34.39">
tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

// $order->info['shipping_cost'] and shipping costs.
// Not used with this merchant tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

// <input name="reference" type="hidden" value="Product description">
tep_draw_hidden_field( 'reference','Merchandise order and shipping costs') .

// these two fields look important. They control the return path for successfull 'FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS' and unsuccessful 'FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT' payment.
// <input type="hidden" name="return_url" value="http://www.MyWebAddress.com">
tep_draw_hidden_field('return_url', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL'));

return $process_button_string;
}

/*

Goal is to take the following web form and convert it into a web payment modual for oscommerce.
<form action="https://www.emocorp.com/s/action/PaymentAction" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="merchant_email" value="[email protected]">
<input type="hidden" name="merchant_name" value="My Business Name">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="34.39">
<input type="hidden" name="reference" value="2 face decals Plus S & H">
<input type="hidden" name="return_url" value="http://www.MyWebAddress.com">
<input name="" type="image" src="https://www.emocorp.com/resources/ui/skins/default/images/pay_emo.gif">
</form>

Looking above we can see that 'input type="hidden" ' lines are converted into tep_draw_hidden_field commands().

*/

// Theory is that this is used to process the payment before sending payment??
function before_process() {
return false;
}

// Theory is that this is used to handle payment clean up details such as notifying shopping cart payment is confirmed(If possible).
function after_process() {
return false;
}

// Probably to detect failed payment transaction of some sort.
function output_error() {
return false;
}

function check() {
if (!isset($this->_check)) {
$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_STATUS'");
$this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
}
return $this->_check;
}

// This is obviously setup configuration in the administration
function install() {
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable PayPal Module', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to accept EMOCorp payments?', '6', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('E-Mail Address', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ID', '[email protected]', 'The e-mail address to use for the EMOCorp service', '6', '4', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Business Name', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_BUSINESSNAME', 'My Business Name', 'The business name to use for the EMOcorp service', '6', '4', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Transaction Currency', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_CURRENCY', 'Selected Currency', 'The currency to use for credit card transactions', '6', '6', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Selected Currency\',\'Only USD\',\'Only CAD\',\'Only EUR\',\'Only GBP\',\'Only JPY\'), ', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display.', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_SORT_ORDER', '7', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Zone', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.', '6', '2', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ORDER_STATUS_ID', '0', 'Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");
}

// Obviously to remove this payment option once installed.
function remove() {
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
}

// Unknown??
function keys() {
return array('MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_STATUS', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_BUSINESSNAME', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_CURRENCY', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ZONE', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_ORDER_STATUS_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_EMOCORP_SORT_ORDER');
}
}
?>

zizzor.com
03-25-2004, 11:21 PM
Okay, now I have my action URL as a local file. When "confirm order" is pressed, the values are posted to my local file, which then parses the ugly string my transaction server sends back.

Now after parsing, if there is an error, I do a header() redirct back to checkout with an error, this works fine.

If the transacion was successful, I do a header() redirect to checkout_process with no parameters (Mimicing other modules here)

I end up back in checkout with a creditcard processing error.

Since other modules post back to checkout_process.php and snowball down through checkout_confirmation.php then checkout_success.php I am assuming that I am missing something in one of my other module methods.

Perhaps some value is not getting passed to the $order class or there is some sneaky global variable I have set wrong in my module someplace.

Any ideas anywhere?