PDA

View Full Version : PayPal IPN Status still pending

ronsandova
03-10-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm working with oscommerce and i have problem with Paypal ipn When someone makes a payment, even though the money is coming through OK, on the backend of the website it is saying it is unverified
something like that:

PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $99.90).
I get the email "Notification of payment received" so why is it still pending?

any idea?

:confused: Thanks in advance

michael_s
03-11-2010, 06:17 AM
The IPN is not getting back to your store from paypal. You need to check site permissions.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread - osCommerce Community Support Forums (http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/179917-official-paypal-ipn-support-thread/)

ronsandova
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
mmm but where would have to change permissions for my site in the backend? I'm new in oscommerce

Thanks in advance

Tuttster
07-17-2010, 08:58 PM
mmm but where would have to change permissions for my site in the backend? I'm new in oscommerce

Thanks in advance

Did anyone figure out the answer to this? The thread linked above is 200 pages long! :(

Tuttster
07-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Does register globals need to be switched on for PP IPNs to update the backend?

ridexbuilder
07-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Does register globals need to be switched on for PP IPNs to update the backend?
Definitely not!

Tuttster
07-18-2010, 01:56 AM
According the PayPal there is no issue with the IPN's delivery. But nothing is being logged in my local paypal_ipn .db?

I am using version PayPal IPN v2.3.3 because I brought one of the templates from this site which doesn't work with the newer versions of osCmax.

Is this a bug that has been cleaned up in the more recent versions of the IPN?

ridexbuilder
07-18-2010, 01:59 AM
brought??? You brought it from where (as opposed to purchasing it)?
No issue with 2.0.25 SVN, with PayPal IPN 2.4

Tuttster
07-18-2010, 02:05 AM
??? You brought it from where (as opposed to purchasing it)?
No issue with 2.0.25 SVN, with PayPal IPN 2.4

Sorry, I purchased the template from this > oscmax.com website.

I found out after I brought it that it would not work properly on 2.0.25, so I have had to install it onto 2.0.4 which uses the PayPal IPN v2.3.3 :(

ridexbuilder
07-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Brought=bring; bought=purchased.:scholar:
Better to have the template 'fixed' than degrade your complete installation.
One of my clients that I (desperately) need to upgrade from 2.0.4 (patched) runs PayPal Website Payments Standard instead of IPN.

Tuttster
07-18-2010, 02:43 AM
hah.. ok, thanks for that.

I didn't really want to spend any more money getting it fixed, when I've not even got a website up and running yet.

So there were known issues with 2.0.4 and IPNs?

ridexbuilder
07-18-2010, 02:54 AM
So there were known issues with 2.0.4 and IPNs?
Been too long ago and loads of water under the bridge but can only assume that I had issues with 2.0.4 and IPN, hence using the other module.
Do a search/browse on this forum for the numerous PayPal posts. ;)

Given the improvements in 2.0.25, you'd be better using that and putting up with a less fancy template. See the wiki documentation for ideas to change the look...

:bandit:

Tuttster
07-18-2010, 03:26 AM
ok, I'll take a look. It's a bit of a shame after paying $150 for the template though.

With the standard payments 1.0

The 1st payment status means the order is logged & the 2nd payment status means the order has been paid for? So it's ok to release downloads automatically using the 2nd status?

I remember reading somewhere that with the IPN 2.4 if downloads are released on the 2nd 'acknowledged' status, it's possible for people to download before paying?

This isn't the case with Standard Payments 1.0?

Thanks for the help!

stewartm
04-14-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm working with oscommerce and i have problem with Paypal ipn When someone makes a payment, even though the money is coming through OK, on the backend of the website it is saying it is unverified
something like that:

PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $99.90).
I get the email "Notification of payment received" so why is it still pending?

any idea?

:confused: Thanks in advance

Just looking through these posts as having a problem with Paypal IPN, tried to post days ago but timed out and gave up. Anyway, I have now read this post a couple of times and think the penny has dropped. There is nothing wrong with the scenario you describe, the Paypal IPN is updating correctly and is adding the "unverified" comment as the customers address is unverified in the Paypal system. Paypal payment status is "PayPal IPN Verified", payment received. Assuming that is set as your completed status in the module.