PDA

View Full Version : going live from local install??

Kristine
03-16-2004, 12:57 PM
ok, so I've got my store looking and acting the way I want on my local install at least as much as I can without being online.
The question is:
What am I going to have to do to get it up online now?

My new host uses Redhat Linux 7.3+ is that going to be a problem? They are the ones that suggested I use osc.

Thanks in advance! :)

jpf
03-17-2004, 05:45 AM
First of all - I would use the ADMIN backup to save the MySQL (in your local HOST).

Next UPLOAD your WHOLE site to your new server (including the MYSQL backup file in the default directory). RE-RUN the install - to properly setup your configure.php files - IMPORT the default database. Now that it is basically running but not with your data yet - LOG INTO ADMIN with the DEFAULT user/pass and "RESTORE" that MySQL backup...... Change your EMAIL from "SMTP" to "sendmail" (assuming you moving from Windows to Linux). -Remove the install FOLDER and CHMOD all nessessary files

If everthing works - your Done!

Alternatively - you could MANUAL change BOTH of your configure.php and manually load the MySQL backup (A standard MySQL dump file) into your MySQL Admin tool (like phpMyAdmin) as query and run it to populate the DB - then change the sendmail option and chmod any files that you need to....

Good Luck!

Kristine
03-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks, I hope I can make this work! I've got a few days to get everything straight in my head, I'll let you know how I make out:)

isifra
11-16-2004, 03:53 PM
What if I have modified my *.php files before I decide to upload them on line?

What should I do?

fridgemags
11-17-2004, 10:34 AM
What have you modified? Links, code, layout?

We neeed more info to let you know anything from the above question.